• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Hi all, I was extremely pleased to stumble upon this message board while scouring the internet for information about Seagrove Beach. Looks like a great forum!

We camped at St. Andrew's a few years ago and just fell in love with the area, so we're finally getting back, to Seagrove Beach, in late August. (Hopefully less crowds!) But one thing we were so thrilled with at St. Andrew's was the rock jetty. We have young children and it was a perfect spot, protected from the waves, with tons of little fish that made snorkeling a joy. My question is, are there any similar rock jetties further West along the coast? Any other good places to snorkel? Thanks in advance!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
While it is not a jetty, if you are looking for a place without waves, and plenty of nibbling fish, let your kids play in Western Lake where it sometimes connects to the Gulf. It is a great place for young kids. Forget about snorkelling because the water is too dark in the Lake. It is a hotspot.

Smiling JOe said:
While it is not a jetty, if you are looking for a place without waves, and plenty of nibbling fish, let your kids play in Western Lake where it sometimes connects to the Gulf. It is a great place for young kids. Forget about snorkelling because the water is too dark in the Lake. It is a hotspot.

Here's a pic (Sorry about the size, posted before Kurt's super duper automated picture size governer :D )

P8170129.JPG

And another

P8170139.JPG

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Wow, that was the lake? Thanks for the pictures, I would never have guessed. Looks perfect for the kiddos. I appreciate the info! I'll check out the Destin jetty too.