1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Jetties and Snorkeling

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by BeachDreamer, Mar 19, 2005.

1. BeachDreamer

BeachDreamer Beach Fanatic

Hi all, I was extremely pleased to stumble upon this message board while scouring the internet for information about Seagrove Beach. Looks like a great forum!

We camped at St. Andrew's a few years ago and just fell in love with the area, so we're finally getting back, to Seagrove Beach, in late August. (Hopefully less crowds!) But one thing we were so thrilled with at St. Andrew's was the rock jetty. We have young children and it was a perfect spot, protected from the waves, with tons of little fish that made snorkeling a joy. My question is, are there any similar rock jetties further West along the coast? Any other good places to snorkel? Thanks in advance!

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

:welcome:

Many people also snorkel at the jetty in Destin, which is the next one to the West of PC Beach. Not much in between.

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

While it is not a jetty, if you are looking for a place without waves, and plenty of nibbling fish, let your kids play in Western Lake where it sometimes connects to the Gulf. It is a great place for young kids. Forget about snorkelling because the water is too dark in the Lake. It is a hotspot.

4. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Here's a pic (Sorry about the size, posted before Kurt's super duper automated picture size governer :D )

[​IMG]

And another

[​IMG]

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

That was a good day, eh?

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

That really was the best day at the beach ever! Sure hope to see Western Lake like that again. :cool:

7. BeachDreamer

BeachDreamer Beach Fanatic

Wow, that was the lake? Thanks for the pictures, I would never have guessed. Looks perfect for the kiddos. I appreciate the info! I'll check out the Destin jetty too.