• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Jimmy John's is now OPEN at Grand Boulevard. It is located just next to the new Starbucks, in the same building.

I happened to be over there running errands yesterday (their grand opening day). I was hungry and needed something fast. Walked in and the only reason it took me more than five minutes is I wasn't familiar with the menu and needed to look it over.

Ordered the tuna sub with chips and small drink. About $9.50 total. The sandwich was on an 8' french sub roll which I really liked.The tuna was much like Subway - which I really like.

The menu is pretty straight forward. And they make those sandwiches quickly. I'll definitely be back when I'm on the run and want something good but quick. No hot sandwiches. The bread options are french (delicious), regular wheat bread, wraps. All sandwiches are 8" - the giant sandwiches are the same size just includes more stuff.

Looks like a great place to order ahead for a family to take to the beach or a picnic in the park, or out on the boat.

Their tag line? Subs so fast you'll freak!

You can call 850-460-8660 to order ahead, or order online. Looks like delivery is also available.

10360691_788607911228754_3992069728412037925_n.jpg

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Thanks for posting this.. work right around the corner and only have an hour for lunch.. glad to so they have and "unwich" because if I eat too much at lunch... I am basically worthless for the rest of the afternoon...!

Garner

Beach Fanatic
I was in need of a fast lunch yesterday and went there - it was great! I had a roast beef, but instead of a sandwich, they offer the option of a lettuce wrap. Delicious, fast and $6.18 including tax. Now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing a tip jar at the counter either.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Jimmy Johns started on a college campuses in Central Illinois and then expanded to other Illinois campuses before Jimmy turned it into a very large franchise system.

For a week I was a Jimmy John's delivery guy in the 90's. I quit when the campus police wouldn't stop harassing me for driving over 5mph.

Unrelated to the above---
One time a Jimmy John's #10 Hunters Club sandwich saved me from getting arrested. Would love to share that story over a beer sometime.

Glad they are here. As long as they are running the business properly I believe it will thrive down here and will be well received.