• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
Florida State Administration and athletic officials and Tallahassee police department covering up a rape to win football games...

New York Times:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The 911 call could not have sounded more urgent: A man was beating a woman holding a baby outside their apartment as she tried to leave.

“You just need to get someone out here right away because it is really bad,” the caller said, adding that the man was “punching” the mother and “grabbing the little baby around the arm.”

By the time the police arrived shortly after 3 a.m. one day last January, the couple were back inside. The 19-year-old woman acknowledged that she and her boyfriend had argued, and that he had not wanted her to leave. But she insisted nothing physical had occurred.

Officers responding to a domestic violence call have a legal duty to investigate thoroughly, seek written statements from witnesses and from the victim, instruct the victim on how to seek help and, finally, forward their report to the local domestic abuse crisis center. But, according to their brief report on the episode, the officers did none of that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/u...t-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=2

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
Fox Sports

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...olice-hindered-investigation-documents-101014

Florida State University officials and Tallahassee police took steps to both hide, and then hinder, the criminal investigation into a rape allegation against the school's Heisman-trophy winning quarterback Jameis Winston last fall, a FOX Sports investigation has found.

The upshot: University administrators and Winston’s attorney, Tim Jansen, had a head start on the state attorney in Tallahassee responsible for investigating and prosecuting serious crimes. Florida State administrators, for instance, had all the police reports at least four days before State Attorney Willie Meggs was handed the case.

After learning in December of 2013 that no charges would be filed, FOX Sports examined thousands of pages of documents — including law enforcement files, e-mails and other correspondence as well as video and audio interviews conducted by detectives and other records — through a series of requests filed with multiple agencies under Florida's public records laws.

Among the findings:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Did any one at FSU learn anything from Penn State cover up and ultimate severe Penalties??

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Did any one at FSU learn anything from Penn State cover up and ultimate severe Penalties??

I'm ashamed to say the culture at FSU has been rotten for a long time. Remember when Bobby Bowden was told one of his players had been arrested and he said he was "prayin' for a misdemeanor" while laughing? I can't imagine the type of stuff that has been covered up over the years. The stuff we know about is bad enough.

Also, the PSU penalties were recently dropped. In my opinion FSU is much worse because of how widespread the corruption is. They should not be allowed a football program.

The reports are shocking! And It used to be a women's college. No way I would let my daughter go there.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I'm ashamed to say the culture at FSU has been rotten for a long time. Remember when Bobby Bowden was told one of his players had been arrested and he said he was "prayin' for a misdemeanor" while laughing? I can't imagine the type of stuff that has been covered up over the years. The stuff we know about is bad enough.

Also, the PSU penalties were recently dropped. In my opinion FSU is much worse because of how widespread the corruption is. They should not be allowed a football program.

The reports are shocking! And It used to be a women's college. No way I would let my daughter go there.

My daughter decided to go Bama because she didn't feel safe ay FSU.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
When John Thrasher got named as new FSU President last month despite being universally panned by faculty, students, and pretty much everyone outside of the FSU Board of Trustees and Rick Scott, (only 30% of the people who attended his job talk though he was qualified for the job; the other candidates who reached that stage all got 70%+ ratings) I remember saying 'If the guy is so fragile that he threatens to walk out of his job talk when he gets heckled by a couple of sorority girls, how is he ever going to handle the national press if there is another scandal in the FSU athletic department?'

I guess we now all get to see that answer, and I fear it will be... very, very poorly.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
NC State appears to be more concerned with their reputation as a university than their poll numbers:

NC State announced Monday that seven players have been suspended for its game againstLouisville this weekend following a BB gun incident at an off-campus residence.
Leading tackler Jerod Fernandez and starting safety Josh Jones have been suspended, along with receiver Johnathan Alston, defensive tackle Justin Jones, defensive end Pharoah McKever, receiver Jumichael Ramos and cornerback Mike Stevens.
Redshirt freshmen Tyler Jones, Kalen McCain, Deyshawn Middlebrooks, Terronne Prescod andMaurice Trowell also were involved and have been placed on team probation.
All were involved in a BB gun game last week.
With Fernandez out, true freshman Airius Moore is expected to start at middle linebacker Saturday against Louisville. Fernandez has 58 tackles this season and leads the team with two interceptions. Josh Jones ranks fourth on the team with 38 tackles.
"These are good young men who made a mistake in not recognizing that this activity could have resulted in someone being injured," coach Dave Doeren said in a statement. "We have discussed this with them and they understand that they are being held responsible for their actions. The information was referred to the university's office of student conduct as well. Our players admitted their mistake and we will help them learn from it."

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I get it. New York Times have to sell newspapers in their dying industry. Members in this forum have to hate something to prevent boredom I guess. The above mentioned inquirer style spin on FSU, TPD and Jameis Winston is just a symptom of modern society. We have become a reactive society where truth has been replaced by a need to hate. Why is that you think? What sins are we trying to hide with hate and consequences rather than truth an consequences. The thing about truth is that is fairly stubborn however it does not stop desperate people from spewing together a string of half truths and word spin with questionable ethics to make a case for the devil himself. FSU, TPD and Jameis Winston is not the devil. Relax, none of them are trying to hurt you. Better to focus on oneself to become a better person rather than a blame game to hide your own issues. We all have work to do including FSU, TPD, Jameis Winston and the entire human race. We are all a work in progress. We make mistakes, we learn and we get better. I get it. Hatred is addictive. My only advice to anyone who feels that they are judge, jury and executioner, be careful because the real devil may be closer than you realize!