• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Greetings,

Live about 30 minutes from the beach and hate drive down for fishing only to find there is June Bloom in the water. Is the water clear yet?

Paul in NW FL

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
This morning at 5:30-6:30 on my turtle watch walk, there was no algae bloom in the water. There was a little seaweed (grass-like) on the beach, but the water was clean and clear blue-green..lots of small fry schools bubbling in the water, and dolphins out. Nothing to get your line snagged in but fish. Call Half Hitch Tackle for a fishing forecast, though. The surf was very low (1-2 feet). I don't know how well they bite when the surf is this low.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Pretty clear, but not that it would affect fishing, some jelly fish have made their arrival. I was stung probably 30-40 times today, that being because I was in the water quite a bit. A few of the stings were really something, but nothing that completely took my breath away. Did leave red welts though.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Off subject but your title "June grass in July" is making me sing that Three Dog Night song in my head:

"I've got pieces of April, but it's a morning in May."
:D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yup, June grass has moved off, but I was slapped by a jelly yesterday. Lots of small ones caught in nets today.

Last edited: