• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Pamela

Beach Crab
Nov 20, 2004
I've gone up on Rivard's website trying to find a June rental for only three days, June 26-28. Ninety percent of them require 7 days it seems. I would like to stay in Grayton Beach, don't care about the amenities. I saw that the rooms over the Gallery fit, but is there anything else? Will Rivard management make any exceptions? Really like the "Pineapple Grove" place as Rivard calls it. Any suggestions are appreciated as it's really difficult to arrange this from Seattle.

Pamela said:
I've gone up on Rivard's website trying to find a June rental for only three days, June 26-28. Ninety percent of them require 7 days it seems. I would like to stay in Grayton Beach, don't care about the amenities. I saw that the rooms over the Gallery fit, but is there anything else? Will Rivard management make any exceptions? Really like the "Pineapple Grove" place as Rivard calls it. Any suggestions are appreciated as it's really difficult to arrange this from Seattle.

Call Abbott Resorts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If a room will do, contact Hibiscus Cafe and Guest House. They have a website. It is located in Grayton, prices are around $125/night and breakfast is included.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Pamela said:

:welcome:

Hibiscus House is a good suggestion for a short stay.

Since you want to come at a peak time, owners are a little less flexible and may already be booked.

Some of the listings on our rental page have owner contact info and you could try them direct:
http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/for_rent.html

Pamela

Beach Crab
Nov 20, 2004
Thanks to kurt, RiverOtter and Smiling JOe. Didn't know about some of the places you mentioned. I'm originally from Ft. Walton, used to spend as much time as I could in Destin when you could go from one side to the other in 5 minutes or less, ha! Long story, had a mid-life crisis last year and bought a lot in Point Washington's The Woods. Now I need to return with a jar of that clay and sand to look at every time a make a mortgage payment so I don't wonder what the heck I was thinking. I know not to consciously choose the peak season to be down there, but no choice this time. Again, thanks.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You can always pitch a tent on your lot. People pay money at Grayton Beach State Park to camp.

Pamela

Beach Crab
Nov 20, 2004
The covenants of The Woods won't allow any "dwelling" that isn't permanently fixed to a foundation of sorts, i.e., no tents, campers, trailers etc. Now what were they thinking? In my ventures down there, I've gotten an idea about it, not sure what to think, seems a bit unfair to the old timers who were there before all the new folks came in. I guess it's a desired image by those who are paying the most in the taxes.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Pamela said:
The covenants of The Woods won't allow any "dwelling" that isn't permanently fixed to a foundation of sorts, i.e., no tents, campers, trailers etc. Now what were they thinking? In my ventures down there, I've gotten an idea about it, not sure what to think, seems a bit unfair to the old timers who were there before all the new folks came in. I guess it's a desired image by those who are paying the most in the taxes.
Don't make it a long term plan, and you will not have a problem. I know most people who live in the Woods, and they would enjoy meeting you, rather than moaning and groaning about you pitching a tent for a few days on your lot. However, if that idea scares you, you can pitch a tent in my yard.
Heck, now that I think about it, you could go across the street to Ph. II, where there are only empty lots, and find a nice place to camp, that is out of the way.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
At Gulf Place to the west of Grayton and Blue Mt. Beach you should be able to find a condo for 3 days - GP Carribbean has 1 or 2 bedroom ones. Some have good gulf views.