Just back from the beach!

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by scarlet8, Sep 28, 2005.

1. scarlet8

scarlet8 Beach Comber

Hey everybody,
    Just got back from Seagrove Beach Sunday! We had a wonderful time. Got there on Sat. the weather was great but really hot. Thought I was still in Mississippi. The beaches really looked good. We had a few biting flies early in the morning, but they usually left midday. The water was gorgeous until Thurs. when we got high surf from Rita, which I pray for the folks of Louisiana.
    I had a cough Fri. when I was on the beach but I knew it was the tide, so it did not bother me much. I wanted to visit with all of you, but my husband golfed everyday and had the truck, so I was stuck at the beach. Oh what a sad story. Hah!
    Anyway, it was the fastest week of the year. I miss the beach already, and can"t wait to return. Thanks to all of you, I feel closer reading your post and keeping me in touch. Keep it up. Scarlet

2. GraytonBound

GraytonBound Beach Fanatic

:welcome:

or should i say :welcome: back

3. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Glad you had a great time...the week does fly by doesn't it?

4. ktschris

ktschris Beach Fanatic

Sounds like you had a great time. Next time maybe we should go together, my husband too likes to spend the week on the golf course, it would be fun to be STUCK on the beach with a fellow golf widow :D
    (I only play a couple of times a year --- and because I always end up in the sand traps anyway -- I always say, just leave me here at the beach!)

5. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

Well, I'm one of the few golfing men who rarely plays golf at the beach. While I love the courses down there, my days are spent sitting a chair, drinking beer and staring out at the Gulf. During an average 10-day trip, I might play once. Honestly I would rather sun, swim and fish.

6. ktschris

ktschris Beach Fanatic

Amen to that!!! Like golfing the other 51 weeks a year is not enough!!! (Ok, maybe he only golfs 40 weeks a year, but still)

7. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

Glad you had such a good week! I can never believe how fast it goes, either. :D There's nothing like 30-A!

8. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Ditto for my husband. Although he *can* be tempted by Camp Creek! He was on the Tulane basketball and golf teams and was offered professional careers in football (Cowboys) and golf. At 6'8" he can hit a golf ball incredibly long and hard. He chose brains over brawn and got a Ph.D. in engineering at UF. It has served us well. Can we afford the Brabus Mercedes he could have had as a pro athlete? No, but we are overwhelmingly blessed, and I thank God everyday that he gave us the brains that contributed to our successes.

9. GraytonBound

GraytonBound Beach Fanatic

BR & Mr BR :wub: :wub: :wub:

10. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

What is a Mercedes with a bra and a bus? I almost bought a bra for my car today in anticipation of hitting those lovebugs on our trip to the beach!

11. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

If somone offered to take me to Shark's Tooth, I would likely be lured off the beach :lol:

12. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

I don't think they make a bra big enough for those little dudes! You'ld have to cover half your car! :roll:

13. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

OH PLEASE!!!!! he plays ONE time!!!! :roll: and you live to be "STUCK on the beach!!!" :wub: poor t***!!!!! hee hee :D

14. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we

Well.... I don't know,maybe they do make them large enough. After all Anna Nicole surely wears a bra. Maybe double M's? :confused:

Hey, then they'd be like those new Mega M&M's. How the heck did we get on this subject anyhow??????? :roll: ;-)