• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scarlet8

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2005
North Mississippi
Hey everybody,
Just got back from Seagrove Beach Sunday! We had a wonderful time. Got there on Sat. the weather was great but really hot. Thought I was still in Mississippi. The beaches really looked good. We had a few biting flies early in the morning, but they usually left midday. The water was gorgeous until Thurs. when we got high surf from Rita, which I pray for the folks of Louisiana.
I had a cough Fri. when I was on the beach but I knew it was the tide, so it did not bother me much. I wanted to visit with all of you, but my husband golfed everyday and had the truck, so I was stuck at the beach. Oh what a sad story. Hah!
Anyway, it was the fastest week of the year. I miss the beach already, and can"t wait to return. Thanks to all of you, I feel closer reading your post and keeping me in touch. Keep it up. Scarlet

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
Sounds like you had a great time. Next time maybe we should go together, my husband too likes to spend the week on the golf course, it would be fun to be STUCK on the beach with a fellow golf widow :D
(I only play a couple of times a year --- and because I always end up in the sand traps anyway -- I always say, just leave me here at the beach!)

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, I'm one of the few golfing men who rarely plays golf at the beach. While I love the courses down there, my days are spent sitting a chair, drinking beer and staring out at the Gulf. During an average 10-day trip, I might play once. Honestly I would rather sun, swim and fish.

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
Amen to that!!! Like golfing the other 51 weeks a year is not enough!!! (Ok, maybe he only golfs 40 weeks a year, but still)

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Glad you had such a good week! I can never believe how fast it goes, either. :D There's nothing like 30-A!

JB said:
Well, I'm one of the few golfing men who rarely plays golf at the beach. While I love the courses down there, my days are spent sitting a chair, drinking beer and staring out at the Gulf. During an average 10-day trip, I might play once. Honestly I would rather sun, swim and fish.
Ditto for my husband. Although he *can* be tempted by Camp Creek! He was on the Tulane basketball and golf teams and was offered professional careers in football (Cowboys) and golf. At 6'8" he can hit a golf ball incredibly long and hard. He chose brains over brawn and got a Ph.D. in engineering at UF. It has served us well. Can we afford the Brabus Mercedes he could have had as a pro athlete? No, but we are overwhelmingly blessed, and I thank God everyday that he gave us the brains that contributed to our successes.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Ditto for my husband. Although he *can* be tempted by Camp Creek! He was on the Tulane basketball and golf teams and was offered professional careers in football (Cowboys) and golf. At 6'8" he can hit a golf ball incredibly long and hard. He chose brains over brawn and got a Ph.D. in engineering at UF. It has served us well. Can we afford the Brabus Mercedes he could have had as a pro athlete? No, but we are overwhelmingly blessed, and I thank God everyday that he gave us the brains that contributed to our successes.

What is a Mercedes with a bra and a bus? I almost bought a bra for my car today in anticipation of hitting those lovebugs on our trip to the beach!