• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
so are these permits only good for 1 year and one must reapply in a lottery every yr or they good for life like the grandfathered in permits before 2010?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
From what I understand the winners of the lottery will be grandfathered. Krazy K got her email today!! Congrats!!

I jsut saw that on fb! I want to be there the first time she drives on the beach!!!!

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
i guess we were one of the 54, so only 204 people put in for the lottery? they called us on fri. and had lost our registration to the jeep? we had to jump on it quick to turn another copy in to the county to remain in the lottery...obviously that didn't help our chances. I wonder what they will do if someone does not claim their winning permit? I to wonder if they will redo the lottery each year? I personally think they should make everyone get in the lottery and make it an even chance for anyone in Walton to be given the chance if they so want. and each year you redo your lottery and redo your chance. i'm sure that will fall on deaf ears and get a few rebukes. we purchased our Jed with stickers for every year for the past 10 but were away when they made the change in the policy ........and guess what......we missed out and now we are begging for a way to get back on the beach legally!

Crazy K

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2008
SRB/Franklin, NC
If all ya'll see is my hood ornament sticking out of sand, please bring the chains!!!!! Miss Kitty will definitely be with me!!!

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
And I think they need to quit letting people drive on the beach at all anymore. There are great boardwalks and accesses available. Grayton is beginning to look more like a parking lot than a beach. BTW, I had one of the first permits issues in this county.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
so are these permits only good for 1 year and one must reapply in a lottery every yr or they good for life like the grandfathered in permits before 2010?
lottery permits are good for only one year, then you lose it and have to reapply in hopes of being called the next year.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
i guess we were one of the 54, so only 204 people put in for the lottery? they called us on fri. and had lost our registration to the jeep? we had to jump on it quick to turn another copy in to the county to remain in the lottery...obviously that didn't help our chances. I wonder what they will do if someone does not claim their winning permit? I to wonder if they will redo the lottery each year? I personally think they should make everyone get in the lottery and make it an even chance for anyone in Walton to be given the chance if they so want. and each year you redo your lottery and redo your chance. i'm sure that will fall on deaf ears and get a few rebukes. we purchased our Jed with stickers for every year for the past 10 but were away when they made the change in the policy ........and guess what......we missed out and now we are begging for a way to get back on the beach legally!

I think it should be on a simple first-come, first-serve basis with a set number of permits available each year. This lottery thing is a joke and a waste of time and taxpayer money.