• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
It is funny to look at the old posts, it looks like in 2006 this was actually a fun town where people got together and had fun. Welcome to complain fest 2015...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It's a run amok thing. And we grew too fast without direction or cohesiveness as a community.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It's billed as a Beach Resort...

Where's the beach access?

(Visual aid - picture the old lady from the Wendy's Burgers commercial, "Where's the Beach?")

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Development will never stop. And it's silly to believe that everyone in the area is going to be on the same page about everything. It seems to me that a lot of people who came to Walton County now want to shut the gate. Good luck.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
The exterior photo earlier in this thread looks very similarly drawn to the recently re-designed and re-opened Mallihouana Resort:
malliouhana-auberge-resort-anguilla-gallery-14.jpg

If it is the same architect and not just someone making a copy (the size and scale of the KAIYA windows drawn, particularly the area between muntins, doesn't look quite as appealing nor classically proportional), but *if* it is the same architect and the materials and quality of the build specified will be the same, then this would be a nice looking development for the area if it was done similarly to Malli. We toured Malliouhana shortly after it reopened and it was really beautiful.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I could be wrong...

but my understanding is this doesn't have beach access and supposedly is "in negotiations" to use the homestead between the older development and Alys.

TimeIsFree

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2008
Where's the Beach indeed. "If we offer enough high end crapola and 'services', maybe people won't miss the beach". "What's with all this sand in the yard Geeves? Please get that sand out of here!"

Ps - Shelly, glad to see you posting again. I'm only around occassionally but it seemed you stopped posting for sometime, and I definitely missed reading your insights. Keep up the good work.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
A beach resort with no beach. The trend of the future in Walton County.

I can't wait for the Mossy Head or Paxton Beach Clubs to form.

Stop the out of control growth and area over crowding while we still can.