• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Website is up
kaiyabeachresort.com | A life in harmony

Believe it or not, there are people living in SoWal who rarely set foot on the beach. There's no mention of beach access in their marketing I've seen. There's no requirement for developments in Walton County to have beach access.

I understand people don't want more crowding on the beach, more competition for parking and facilities. But as along as development is approved, there will be more people. There wil be tens of thousands of new housing units in Walton County in the near future, with most of them south of I-10.

Meanwhile, try to enjoy your time in SoWal. One day these will be the good old days. :blush:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Kurt it may not just up and offer it, but the first thing I see when I pull up the website is a closeup of surf. Sure seems to imply beach access.

The issue I see here I'd that in a few years someone will move in after the developers, realtors and hoopla have left and go to the county for resolution. Entirely too often we the tax payers are paying for someone else's shortsighted money grab.

It doesn't matter if they carefully avoid the words beach access, people generally come here for one reason and it's something this development cannot currently offer.

Will they shuttle people to Inlet beach or buy every unit an annual state park pass and cram them into Deer Lake like Prominence?

second wind

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2013
Kurt it may not just up and offer it, but the first thing I see when I pull up the website is a closeup of surf. Sure seems to imply beach access.

The issue I see here I'd that in a few years someone will move in after the developers, realtors and hoopla have left and go to the county for resolution. Entirely too often we the tax payers are paying for someone else's shortsighted money grab.

It doesn't matter if they carefully avoid the words beach access, people generally come here for one reason and it's something this development cannot currently offer.

Will they shuttle people to Inlet beach or buy every unit an annual state park pass and cram them into Deer Lake like Prominence?
EBSCO Gulf Coast Development Inc owns property directly east and west of Alys Beach and across the street on 30A. At first glance the property looks to belong to Alys but was told not so...

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I could be wrong...

but my understanding is this doesn't have beach access and supposedly is "in negotiations" to use the homestead between the older development and Alys.
Had forgotten about that strip of land (driveway) with house at the end between Sandcliffs and Alys. Can't imagine Alys wouldn't outbid interloper for control to minimize competition if they saw this as happening.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Had forgotten about that strip of land (driveway) with house at the end between Sandcliffs and Alys. Can't imagine Alys wouldn't outbid interloper for control to minimize competition if they saw this as happening.

EBSCO is a large corporation and not a developer traditionally. I don't think they were used to the kind of expenses it takes to develop and market an Alys Beach type development. They have always been understaffed. But that could be their corporate nature. The downturn in the market I believe made them not like the game so much. Things are going good again so maybe that will change. But They're probably not wanting to buy anymore land. They've got plenty of it to deal with.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
EBSCO Gulf Coast Development Inc owns property directly east and west of Alys Beach and across the street on 30A. At first glance the property looks to belong to Alys but was told not so...

The parcel between Alys and Sand Cliffs is owned by a family whom I understand is not willing to sell or offer up access. The family bought the land from EBSCO in the 80's.

Going back over the titles this property has no rights to the beach and doesn't have some ancient reference that would allow it. Basically it's landlocked unless someone sells or agrees to allow access.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The previous developers of this parcel took Sandcliff Estates to court looking for access and lost. Project (Aquatera) then folded. Hope this one does the same (folds that is).

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Development approved by planning commission...

According to Mauricio Castro, architect and project planner, the plan includes public trails and a public pool on north side.

54 single family homes, 21 row houses & 73 condos
Full concierge service
Non-gated, Welcoming Community
Resort Spa & Boutique 25-room inn
Stewardship (39% of 28.6 Acres Is Open Space)
Club Level Memberships
Restaurants & Local Shopping
Walking & Biking Trails
Formal Town Square & Public Green Spaces

kaiya.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Love that picture with the nice beach access that's actually not on the developer's property (yet).