• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Katie Blue here. Very frequent poster up until '07, now somewhat infrequent lurker. (love y'all, life just got hectic for the last year. Now that it's settled some -- and after receiving a gentle nudge from one kind forumite -- I'll be popping back more often. SO glad to see that most all you crazies are still around... kitty, pea, otter, steelemama, sj, johnr, oh too many to name.)

We own a little place in Seacrest that we rent out, and visit down there as much as my job allows. I do web and graphic work for a radio talk show host/consumer guru guy, and thus my schedule pretty much has to revolve around his these days. I can only get out when he's on vacation -- which is fairly often, luckily. My "professional hobby" is music. My husband and I are songwriters/band leaders for a funk/jam group that plays around the southeast, but though we have offers to take it full time...we prefer to 'keep the day job'...if you know what i mean. For us it's a better balance: We play all the fests and gigs we want, and don't have to taint the pure joy of playing with the onus of making the mortgage. Plus, my friends who do it full time are suddenly getting killed by internet bootlegging and $3.50/gallon gas. Touring is over-rated, if it's *all* you do.

To the old-timers: we sold the farm outside of atlanta, and are now "jolly ranchers" in a flowery little neighborhood near Emory (decatur.) We have a life again! We can walk to pizza and pubs! Bailey the dog doesn't have 10 acres anymore... she has 150 acres in a woodsy park nearby...that Mr Blue doesn't have to mow! Took us 8 years to figure that one out. Live and learn. :scratch: :bang:

Time to get back to work. SEE why I have to limit myself? This place is amazing, but it's uber-addictive! Catch you around--stealth-like.
:love:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Re: Introduce Yourself

Katie Blue here. Very frequent poster up until '07, now somewhat infrequent lurker. (love y'all, life just got hectic for the last year. Now that it's settled some -- and after receiving a gentle nudge from one kind forumite -- I'll be popping back more often. SO glad to see that most all you crazies are still around... kitty, pea, otter, steelemama, sj, johnr, oh too many to name.)

We own a little place in Seacrest that we rent out, and visit down there as much as my job allows. I do web and graphic work for a radio talk show host/consumer guru guy, and thus my schedule pretty much has to revolve around his these days. I can only get out when he's on vacation -- which is fairly often, luckily. My "professional hobby" is music. My husband and I are songwriters/band leaders for a funk/jam group that plays around the southeast, but though we have offers to take it full time...we prefer to 'keep the day job'...if you know what i mean. For us it's a better balance: We play all the fests and gigs we want, and don't have to taint the pure joy of playing with the onus of making the mortgage. Plus, my friends who do it full time are suddenly getting killed by internet bootlegging and $3.50/gallon gas. Touring is over-rated, if it's *all* you do.

To the old-timers: we sold the farm outside of atlanta, and are now "jolly ranchers" in a flowery little neighborhood near Emory (decatur.) We have a life again! We can walk to pizza and pubs! Bailey the dog doesn't have 10 acres anymore... she has 150 acres in a woodsy park nearby...that Mr Blue doesn't have to mow! Took us 8 years to figure that one out. Live and learn. :scratch: :bang:

Time to get back to work. SEE why I have to limit myself? This place is amazing, but it's uber-addictive! Catch you around--stealth-like.
:love:

:clap:...OH, KB!!!! Dang I have missed you! We just got back to sowal and I went looking for our info book (stuffed in a drawer :roll:)....everytime I see it I think of you and all your hard work making those info sheets for us!!! You are the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks so much for checking in...life sounds great!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Re: Introduce Yourself

KB! Sorry I missed your post above. I think you disappeared about the time I came on SoWal.com. Was is something I said?
Welcome Back!!:welcome::clap::clap:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
KB, KB, KB!!! :clap: So weird--just yesterday I was thinking about you and was going to start a search party thread. Then today I found your post! You are SO missed, my friend! Glad to hear all your updates. If you can get away some time in June, would love to see you at the beach. The weekend of the 13, specifically, there will be some of the aforementioned crazies down there. ;-)

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I don't know you, but your name is posted in hushed and reverent tones. Stick around! I want to have some funn with you, too!