Katie Blue here

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by katie blue, Apr 14, 2008.

1. katie blue

katie blue kt loo

Katie Blue here. Very frequent poster up until '07, now somewhat infrequent lurker. (love y'all, life just got hectic for the last year. Now that it's settled some -- and after receiving a gentle nudge from one kind forumite -- I'll be popping back more often. SO glad to see that most all you crazies are still around... kitty, pea, otter, steelemama, sj, johnr, oh too many to name.)

We own a little place in Seacrest that we rent out, and visit down there as much as my job allows. I do web and graphic work for a radio talk show host/consumer guru guy, and thus my schedule pretty much has to revolve around his these days. I can only get out when he's on vacation -- which is fairly often, luckily. My "professional hobby" is music. My husband and I are songwriters/band leaders for a funk/jam group that plays around the southeast, but though we have offers to take it full time...we prefer to 'keep the day job'...if you know what i mean. For us it's a better balance: We play all the fests and gigs we want, and don't have to taint the pure joy of playing with the onus of making the mortgage. Plus, my friends who do it full time are suddenly getting killed by internet bootlegging and $3.50/gallon gas. Touring is over-rated, if it's *all* you do.

To the old-timers: we sold the farm outside of atlanta, and are now "jolly ranchers" in a flowery little neighborhood near Emory (decatur.) We have a life again! We can walk to pizza and pubs! Bailey the dog doesn't have 10 acres anymore... she has 150 acres in a woodsy park nearby...that Mr Blue doesn't have to mow! Took us 8 years to figure that one out. Live and learn. :scratch: :bang:

Time to get back to work. SEE why I have to limit myself? This place is amazing, but it's uber-addictive! Catch you around--stealth-like.
    :wub:

2. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Re: Introduce Yourself

:clap:...OH, KB!!!! Dang I have missed you! We just got back to sowal and I went looking for our info book (stuffed in a drawer :roll:)....everytime I see it I think of you and all your hard work making those info sheets for us!!! You are the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks so much for checking in...life sounds great!

3. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Re: Introduce Yourself

KB! Sorry I missed your post above. I think you disappeared about the time I came on SoWal.com. Was is something I said?
    Welcome Back!!:welcome::clap::clap:

4. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

5. peapod1980

peapod1980 percy

KB, KB, KB!!! :clap: So weird--just yesterday I was thinking about you and was going to start a search party thread. Then today I found your post! You are SO missed, my friend! Glad to hear all your updates. If you can get away some time in June, would love to see you at the beach. The weekend of the 13, specifically, there will be some of the aforementioned crazies down there. ;-)

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

KattieB My favorite hippie chick rocker is back :wub:

7. Gypsea

Gypsea Beach Fanatic

:welcome: back KB! Sounds like you are doing well! Post often.

8. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Just yesterday I was wondering about you KB! :welcome: back!

9. NoHall

NoHall hmmmm......can't remember

I don't know you, but your name is posted in hushed and reverent tones. Stick around! I want to have some funn with you, too!

10. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

Oh, she's a gull in a million. :clap::wub:

11. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

So, there you are...

12. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

:welcome: back, KB! I kept seeing some of your pics across the top and was hoping you would post...Check out RO's post above .... he still can't spell . .At least that hasn't changed.:D

13. katie blue

katie blue kt loo

*shucks* yall, you're too kind. now i feel downright guilty.

Had a few free moments today, since i'm working from home, so i'm doing a little catch up on sowal.com in prep for our next trip down there on Memorial Day. it will be bittersweet, as we've had someone put an offer that we can't refuse on our little house. so if that ends up going through, it'll be our last time in our sweet little seacrest home. That said, SoWal itself has gotten indelibly into our blood --it's "our" beach and always will be-- so until we can build on the other lot we have, I guess we'll just be renters. The plus side is that we'll be able to snag a beachfront balcony now and then. The downside will be having to avert (or dry) my eyes as I bike past the little place. <repeating to myself: simple is good, life is change, the wheel turns...> ...OK, enough chat, back to surfing the site. Thanks again, you guys. :wub:

14. peapod1980

peapod1980 percy

TFT, let's pick some lottery numbers! :lol:

15. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    :D

16. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

Come bike riding with us again and we'll find new paths to go on. :clap:

17. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

18. katie blue

katie blue kt loo

Would love to Mermaid! I'm in :wub: with all the new paths they've added over at Watercolor in the past year or so. At first I wasn't so sure--they seemed a bit sterile at first, and maybe they were a bit, but now we realize what an incredibly unique place that is, with all it's varying natural resources. (and for now you can still find "solitude" on those gazebos in the water overlooking the dunes...that probably won't be the case in a few years, so we soak it in.)

we'll be there Mem Day weekend, in case you'll be around. oh, and how's your daughter doing...did she end up getting into design after all?

19. pgurney

pgurney Beach Fanatic

Hey KB. :wave: I haven't read throughout this thread, but have been wondering how the puppy worked out for your friends? Glad to hear things are good for you. Here's a pic of one of her sisters.

20. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

Hey - How's Bailey? :wub:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008