• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
I am contacting everyone on VRBO and other sites to get names of those willing to rent long term to victims. I am working with the local Red Cross and will be contacting FEMA. Please let me know if you have a place to provide to others or if you need a place ASAP.

Send me your name, contact information, location of house, # of BRs and Baths, rent you would like to receive. I am working only as a liaison; you can evaluate renters on your own.

My phone number is 850-685-2404

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
There is a Red Cross shelter that has opened in DeFuniak at the National Guard Armory. The conditions are less than ideal as there is no air conditioning. Hopefully we can get these people placed in better places because they are being told it will be at least 90 days before they can go home. Many don't want to go home.

People are living in their cars in the Wal-Mart parking lots and in their cars at Pine Log state park.

I met with the volunteer coordinator at the shelter and will be posting on here any specific needs that can be met by the community. Things are just in the beginning stages of organization, but hopefully we can do something to make these people more comfortable.