• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I want to rent a kayak while we're at the beach next month. I've already called Yellowfin and Big Daddy's but I can't find the name or address for the shop that's right next to where the Wheel House Restaurant was. Does anyone know it? Are there any other rental places I should check out?

If anyone's interested, here are some rates. I was only able to get incomplete information since I called when both shops were busy. Nonetheless, here it is:

Big Daddy's 1-877-865-2997

Single Kayak, weekly rate $185
Double Kayak, weekly rate $205

Includes pick-up and delivery locally, paddle(s), lock, and lifejacket. Can reserve.

Yellowfin 1-850-231-1717

Double Kayak
1/2 day rate $55
1 day $70
2 days 100
3 days $120
4 days $140
5 days $155
6-7 days $165

Forgot to ask if that includes pick-up, etc. Yellowfin doesn't take reservations and by the sound of it, they're doing a pretty hot business. There's nothing available for this current week at all. :eek: You either call or stop by the day you want a kayak and see what they have left.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Gosh, that is amazing! Better hurry and reserve some for Western Lake, Chapter 2!!!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:
Gosh, that is amazing! Better hurry and reserve some for Western Lake, Chapter 2!!!

I already know that Merman and I are planning on luring j and b darg out on the Lake. Let's see if anyone keels over on this expedition. Anyone up for being alligator food this June??? :rotfl:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mermaid said:
I already know that Merman and I are planning on luring j and b darg out on the Lake. Let's see if anyone keels over on this expedition. Anyone up for being alligator food this June??? :rotfl:

I love that lake!! How early you wanna go out? :rotfl:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
^5 OL!!!! jdarg and Mermy will be so kute in their kaYAKS!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Please let me know when you are going and I will meet you there.

Yellowfin and The Seagrove Icehouse (next to Wheelhouse) are the same company, which also owns Ono Surf in Seaside. They have SoWal stickers at each place. :clap_1:

Tell them you are special with over 2,400 posts on SoWal.com. :lol:

Prices include pickup also.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
kurt said:
Please let me know when you are going and I will meet you there.

Yellowfin and The Seagrove Icehouse (next to Wheelhouse) are the same company, which also owns Ono Surf in Seaside. They have SoWal stickers at each place. :clap_1:

Tell them you are special with over 2,400 posts on SoWal.com. :lol:

Prices include pickup also.

Jdarg and I just placed our orders with Big Daddy's. They're delivering to Grayton Beach on Saturday and picking up on Friday--all for only $176.55, tax tag and delivery!!! Now comes the hard part: I ordered a double (too cheap to get singles for us both :blush: ) and Merman and I have to learn how to paddle together. I think I might be bringing extra supplies of alcohol and aspirin to the beach. Just in case.

Kurt, please join us, yes!:clap_1: Do you think Tootsie would be interested as well? The more the merrier!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Oh Mermaid...that's genius! Sit in the back and pretend to paddle!!! Plus, you can backseat drive!Mr. K just called...HE'S HOME...just gots his bags! It's been almost two weeks! :clap_1:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:
Oh Mermaid...that's genius! Sit in the back and pretend to paddle!!! Plus, you can backseat drive!Mr. K just called...HE'S HOME...just gots his bags! It's been almost two weeks! :clap_1:

Miss Kitty, serve that darling man STEAK tonight! Celebrate!

I like your idea about sitting in the back and pretending to paddle. If he goes in the wrong direction or doesn't go fast enough, I can whomp him one on the back of the head, too. Oh, wait, I forgot. There'll be too many witnesses. :funn: