• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Is there a place near Seagrove that rents kayaks or canoes, and do they deliver them to your place or the beach? Any tips on kayaking in the ocean? Would it be too rough for kids? TIA!

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
Re: Kayaks in Seagrove?

If I recall, there's a place on the beach that rents kayaks. We rented one a few years ago. It wasn't rough, but once you get out to the second sandbar there is a LOT more marine life (jellyfish, etc).. scared my then-6-yr-old niece. I'd guess it depends on how rough the surf is that day. I do see a lot of people out there with young kids, so it must not be too bad. :laughing1

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Yellowfin now has a place in Seagrove called Seagrove Icehouse that rents them, but any of the rental places on 30-A will deliver.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005

BeachDreamer said:
Is there a place near Seagrove that rents kayaks or canoes, and do they deliver them to your place or the beach? Any tips on kayaking in the ocean? Would it be too rough for kids? TIA!

If I remember correctly, Butterfly Bike and Beach Rentals in Seagrove both rents and delivers kayaks. They're on the north side of 30-A at 3657 E. County Hwy 30-A, phone number is 850-231-2826

amylouky said:
If I recall, there's a place on the beach that rents kayaks. We rented one a few years ago. It wasn't rough, but once you get out to the second sandbar there is a LOT more marine life (jellyfish, etc).. scared my then-6-yr-old niece. I'd guess it depends on how rough the surf is that day. I do see a lot of people out there with young kids, so it must not be too bad. :laughing1
Try kayaking on one of the lakes - not as scary for children.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.

Thanks guys, I am taking notes! The sea life does sound frightening in a thrilling sort of way. I think the kids would love seeing it though. (As long as the kayak was steady.)

Seahorse

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2005
Seagrove-most of the time

amylouky said:

yikes, anytime I hear about "the second sandbar, or past the second sandbar" Ithink of what my good friend in West Palm Beach told me (he runs a dive shop), which is "that's where the sharks feed." Not where I want to be with my little guy, but I'm a scaredy cat. I'm sure it's awesome to see the marine life (as long as it's smaller than the kayak!) :eek:

So, is kayaking hard or something you can just wing, especially in a calm place like one of the lakes?