• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jun 5, 2010
I'm so glad I found this web-site. I've been coming to the panhandle beaches for over 40 years..Gulf Shores to Panama City. Our family's favorite is 30A. Listening to the news is so disheartening and sad. Many of the recent posts make so much sense...we all need to keep our plans to go to the beach and continue to support the area. As for the 'lowballers'...shame on them! I admit I did negotiate a slight discount, about 15%, but lowballing is not going to serve anyone well. I am renting a 3br condo for 5 people, beachside and beachview for $2,000 total. Will spend another $1,000 on food, entertainment, shopping, etc.

Thank you to all of 30A! We look forward to your generous and gracious hospitality again this year!

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I'm so glad I found this web-site. I've been coming to the panhandle beaches for over 40 years..Gulf Shores to Panama City. Our family's favorite is 30A. Listening to the news is so disheartening and sad. Many of the recent posts make so much sense...we all need to keep our plans to go to the beach and continue to support the area. As for the 'lowballers'...shame on them! I admit I did negotiate a slight discount, about 15%, but lowballing is not going to serve anyone well. I am renting a 3br condo for 5 people, beachside and beachview for $2,000 total. Will spend another $1,000 on food, entertainment, shopping, etc.

Thank you to all of 30A! We look forward to your generous and gracious hospitality again this year!

:clap::love::welcome::wave:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I feel life a sap. Owners are pissed that they don't get their vacation houses paid for by the likes of me. Other vacationeers are getting deals.
I made my reservations in August for this week. Paid premium. We are here. I don't think I really feel like anyone owes me anything but I feel like I am kinda getting screwed by both sides.
Owners will get reimbursed for those who don't show up and other vacationeers won't pay what I am paying because I want to be here and didn't change my plans. I don't know what other beach I would go to because it is more than just a beach experience. When you have to explain to others or they don't get it, that's alright, more for us to enjoy.
Hope the damage will be minimal and that the worst is over. Hope we won't still be facing the same uncertainty 3, 6 months from now.
Happy summer, Ellen

Kimberley

Beach Crab
Jun 5, 2010
I was searching for information about the area when I came upon this website! We are planning our first trip to 30A later part of June. I love the beach and I'm devastated at what is happening to the people and animals of the gulf. Hoping and praying that the nightmare will soon end. One can only hope...