• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dunebug

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2008
Hello, I would like to buy land in SoWal and if wondering if anyones has any information on treetop and lakeside at inlet beach.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I have talked with builders who were aware of wetland and setback concerns in Treetop. I understood that the original survey may have had some errors. My information is secondhand and should not be taken as gospel. Last time I was in there, there were only two homes built, one with great animosity. It's pretty in there though. Great location.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I have talked with builders who were aware of wetland and setback concerns in Treetop. I understood that the original survey may have had some errors. My information is secondhand and should not be taken as gospel. Last time I was in there, there were only two homes built, one with great animosity. It's pretty in there though. Great location.

FEMA shows the entire area as a flood zone, right up to the back of Seacrest. Not sure how anyone could "make a mistake" and buy something like that without knowing.

treetopfloodzones.jpg

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I remember in Treetop they had to build up the road significantly. If your not looking to build a McMansion your probably fine, but don't look for height. The height restrictions would probably limit you to a 2 story house. No slabs either most likely.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Dig a hole back there 3 feet deep before you buy a lot.

Does anyone know what the natural elevation numbers are in reference to NGVD or sea level? Maybe it's well above sea level and just occuring on hard pan.

Seacrest is in good shape - from 30 to 35 feet, Treetop ranges from 12 to about 20 depending on the location.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FEMA shows the entire area as a flood zone, right up to the back of Seacrest. Not sure how anyone could "make a mistake" and buy something like that without knowing.

treetopfloodzones.jpg

I think you mistakenly think that this "Storm Surge" map above is the same as the Flood Zone map. It is not. According to the GIS maps, most of Treetops is not wetlands, and most of the lots in there are in Flood Zone X, meaning that no flood insurance is required (Though I always recommend buying it). However, there are also some parcels in there that are shown in Flood Zone A.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I believe Les Crise is still on the DRB in there and I recall him telling me that everything in there was supposed to be up on posts. Maybe that was some of the controversy around the one on a slab. No doubt they would like some consistency of appearance for the homes going in.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I think you mistakenly think that this "Storm Surge" map above is the same as the Flood Zone map. It is not. According to the GIS maps, most of Treetops is not wetlands, and most of the lots in there are in Flood Zone X, meaning that no flood insurance is required (Though I always recommend buying it). However, there are also some parcels in there that are shown in Flood Zone A.

Actually, it looks to be split about even between the two zones. Personally I would never recommend purchaing anywhere in a storm surge or flood zone, but maybe that's just me being paranoid.

treetopfema.jpg

Zone A vs. Zone X through Treetop.