• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Treefrog, the link to the County GIS is here:
http://maps.geocortex.net/imf-5.1.002/sites/walton/jsp/launch.jsp?popup_blocked=true

However, the link is to the entire map, with all of the overlays. You can save any particular map with overlays and create labels, but you cannot directly link to that frame in particular, as far as I know. It isn't too user-friendly, but with with a bit of tinkering, you should be able to navigate it fairly well, and you will see the overlays in folders to the right of the page. It is a great resource, available to all via the Walton County website (taxpayers).

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Treefrog, the link to the County GIS is here:
http://maps.geocortex.net/imf-5.1.002/sites/walton/jsp/launch.jsp?popup_blocked=true

However, the link is to the entire map, with all of the overlays. You can save any particular map with overlays and create labels, but you cannot directly link to that frame in particular, as far as I know. It isn't too user-friendly, but with with a bit of tinkering, you should be able to navigate it fairly well, and you will see the overlays in folders to the right of the page. It is a great resource, available to all via the Walton County website (taxpayers).

Looks like Watercolor is more at risk than Treetops or any other big development along 30A. A CAT 3 would swamp all of Phase I and a larger hurricane would effect Phase III according to the map. Looks like folks in Phase I of Watercolor better buy flood insurance if they haven't already.

Watersound West Beach is also at high risk and parts of Watersound Beach are too.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
I believe I know who you are and wondered if you checked out the distant past of the builder you chose to build your most recent place. Didn't I hear about a pretty major financial issue with a builder you've recommended to readers on this message board? You can private message me anytime or ask me about it in person if you want.

If my contractor had past or present financial issues during the construction of my home, I never knew it. He completed my Watersound home on budget, on time and made me happy the entire time. I was provided with pages of receipts that reflected the work done with every draw and he kept me informed through the entire process. He did everything first class. I wouldn't want to build a bird house in sowal without his involvement. I would recommend Peter Horn of Artisian to anyone who wants to work with a professional. After over 20 years of construction in sowal, you don't have to look to far to find a quality built Artisian home regardless if its inside or outside a high end development.

Last edited:

Boxorain

Beach Crab
Jul 8, 2008
Old Seagrove
A correction about Artisan

I'm flattered that someone would post my company name (Artisan) as someone he's done business with, in an effort to legitimize his own name, but to the best of my knowledge, neither I personally nor anyone representing my company has ever done business with John Carol or Chamber Street Builders. I do recall hiring Ronnie Thomas to do some framing work for us a number of years ago, and I later learned that perhaps there might have been some connection with Ronnie to John Carol, but it was never direct and never known to me for a fact.

I've been building here since the late 1970s, starting as an employee of other firms and eventually establishing my own companies. Our work and our record speak for themselves, as do our many satisfied customers over these many years. None of us can make all our clients happy all of the time, but I feel safe in saying that we have a very high percentage of repeat customers, and most of our work over the years has come to us through enthusiastic recommendations from our happy customers. We're very grateful for the success we've had, and attribute much of it to the good long-term relationships we build with clients, vendors, employees, realtors, design professionals and bankers.

Please visit our website -- www.artisan-builds.com for more information about our work.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Thank you flyforfun for the encourgagement. That is what I am doing, researching developements. I am not in a hurry to buy, but I do not want to miss a good investment. Currently I live in a Condo on the beach and I want to purchase land with a "No Build out Time" so I can build when I'm good and ready. I thought Treetop would be a good investment because the lot prices are fairly low and I like its close proximity to the beach, Seacrest, Rosemary, Aly's.

Everyone has been very helpful, thank you for your posts. :D

Dunebug - If you want any information about Treetop please pm me. I have copies of the plat for the entire subdivision and also lots of other information that may help you. :wave:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
:welcome:

I'm flattered that someone would post my company name (Artisan) as someone he's done business with, in an effort to legitimize his own name, but to the best of my knowledge, neither I personally nor anyone representing my company has ever done business with John Carol or Chamber Street Builders. I do recall hiring Ronnie Thomas to do some framing work for us a number of years ago, and I later learned that perhaps there might have been some connection with Ronnie to John Carol, but it was never direct and never known to me for a fact.

I've been building here since the late 1970s, starting as an employee of other firms and eventually establishing my own companies. Our work and our record speak for themselves, as do our many satisfied customers over these many years. None of us can make all our clients happy all of the time, but I feel safe in saying that we have a very high percentage of repeat customers, and most of our work over the years has come to us through enthusiastic recommendations from our happy customers. We're very grateful for the success we've had, and attribute much of it to the good long-term relationships we build with clients, vendors, employees, realtors, design professionals and bankers.

Please visit our website -- www.artisan-builds.com for more information about our work.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Anyone hiring a builder should thoroughly check their references, reputation, and if they have any complaints filed or pending lawsuits. Caveat Emptor x100!

Luckily 30-A and Sowal are small enough that a diligent researcher can separate the wheat from the chaff rather quickly. ;-)

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Another way is to talk to sub-contractors/suppliers.

Many subs work for different builders up and down 30-A. When a contractor does not pay his subs but continues to get draws that should tell you something as well. ;-)

Hey Pete

The only jobs my company worked for of yours were Johnson, Sporl, Flippo and I don't remember the 2 on the South side. It was a pleasure. I liked Trampus and Anne. I didn't see you much, but I was only there two or three times a day. We did framing, trim, windows and doors, stairs, formwork, decks, handrails and siding.

Some friends of mine passed me an e-mail that seems to be coming through you and by all means every time you see me you are cordial. Don't be afraid to talk to me about your issues with me. JC www.chambers-street-builders.com :wave: