• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Can anyone recommend someone for routine, every other week landscape maintenance?
Thanks.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
GVM said:
Can anyone recommend someone for routine, every other week landscape maintenance?
Thanks.

We made several contacts last year simply trying to get someone to spray weeds and freshen the mulch. We had "no shows", "couldn't finds", companies that weren't taking any more customers, but mostly they just didn't call back or it was 3 months later they'd call. :bang:

The need for service pesonnel is great. When we get there in a few years we may do a bit of selective yard work ourselves as we enjoy that. Until then we take a couple "working" vacations each year and stuff our van with pine straw and do the major work ourselves. In between, we supply the tenants with roundup! :roll:

Good luck to you!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Sounds like I may need to pack up my trailer and come do some landscaping. :)

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Anyone know the name of the product that landscape companies use to take sprinkler stains off of white painted fence? I started a websearch but gave up.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone looking to build should consider planting only native plants, and you will not have all of the fuss and frustrations of maintenance. Also, planting only native plants is very beneficial to the environment.

Look at the difference between the landscaping at Seaside vs. WaterColor.
Seaside is 100% native. WaterColor is not. I have no idea of the variance between the cost per sq ft of the two developments, but I bet you that WaterColor's cost is at least 100 times greater than Seaside's. Who wants to mow grass when the temp. is 90F in May? I don't understand some people.

On a side note, I know that some of you think that Round-Up is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I encourage you to find other products that are friendly to our environment. Round-up and many other chemicals go into our water source. Take "ownership" of the land on which you live as well as that of your neighbors'.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
SJ,
The active ingredient in round up breaks down nearly immediately in the soil. Better yet is if you apply it as a spot treatment when the weeds are actively growing the plant will have pretty much take it up in it's growth.
Many pesticides are harmful to our water supplies but round up must be very low on the list. It isn't organic but nearly works as though it is.
Rita