• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Larder is at Grand Isle in Seagrove Beach next to Beach Java and Cowgirl Kitchen. I got this email I thought I would pass it on:

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Greetings from The Larder in Seagrove Beach...[/font]

The Larder will be open Tuesday, Valentine Day from Noon til 6pm. There will be no dinner service that evening.

Be sure and stop by the shop for all those great Valentines Day goodies... As always, we have some great wine and cheese selections especially for the day. One great cheese is the heart- shaped Coeur de Bray, a super creamy cows milk cheese from France!!!

On the wine tasting front, we have some announcements...

First, The Larder Weekly Wine Tastings have returned. They will be held each Saturday starting promptly at 6pm. We will sample 4 to 6 wines per week and the staff of The Larder will lead the group with a discussion on each wine, a hearty question and answer session is encouraged. The sessions will last approximately one hour.

Cost is $20.00 per person, and reservations are encouraged as we have limited space for these events.

Tastings begin Saturday, February 25th, and we will be tasting some fabulous wines from Spain, make your reservation today!

Don't forget, The Larder small plates menu will be available after the tasting for those of you interested in continuing your evening with us.

Second, The Larder will have a free tasting each and every day at the shop. One white and one red wine from our by the glass list will be featured for sampling. Stop in at any point in the day and enjoy a taste on us.

Third, The Larder will host a private wine tasting for you, your friends or your business associates in your home or place of business.. From casual gatherings around the pool to full blown focused tastings, the sky is the limit.

For groups of 4 to 10 people, basic cost starts at $75.00 per person and we will taste five wines. We will pair these wines with some great cheese, cured meats and accompaniments.
We will also provide appropriate stemware for the event. All wines tasted will be available on a special order basis the night of the event.

All you need to do is give us a call, and Adam will arrange a consultation to discuss your event.
The pricing above represents our standard package reflecting the wineries we suggest, of course, we can tailor your event any way you wish. The goal is to entertain in a relaxed and informal setting.

Please call or email us for additional information and we hope to see you soon at The Larder.
[font=Verdana, sans-serif][/font]
The Larder
4281 East County Highway 30-A
Seagrove Beach, FL 32459
850-231-2031

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beach Runner said:
I always see people there at night and wondered what was going on. I just thought it was a butcher store. It's walking distance from our home, so we'll definitely stop by - sounds like funn.

Thanks for the info.

They changed their format up a bit last year.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
I didn't know they served dinner. That's a really nice suprise! They have a great wine selection and I love picking up some prosciutto and cheese (can't remember the name of it, but it's like a nice parmesan) for appetizers.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
If someone was hosting a wine tasting, what would be good/appropriate to serve?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm glad you asked that IWIWT! A friend told me about a fun wine tasting idea the other night. It definitely needs food.

Everyone brings 3 bottles of the same wine. One bottle is put away, the other 2 get a place on the table. All wines are tasted by the guests, and the person who brings the winning bottle gets to take home the collection of set aside bottles! I'm sure this has a few variations, but I hadn't heard of this before. I mean, this is Kentucky, the Bourbon state.

I would probably put a few rules in- like dollar limit on the bottles, and a drawing for the place on the table. Apparently people work their way down the line, and the end of the table bottles always get good marks.:blink:

Percy Pea- we will do this in June.:D

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
That is a great idea....would be funn for a night to relax. A good way to try a friend's favorite wine.