1. Summer's End Clearance Sale Everything 30-50% off at Moon Creek Gallery in Grayton Beach Plaza on 283! Your favorite SoWal Photo Prints, Matted Prints, Framed Prints, SoWal T-shirts & Hats.

Las Vegas Restaurants?

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by tistheseason, Aug 15, 2007.

1. tistheseason

tistheseason Beach Fanatic

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm looking for a place to take my husband for his birthday while we are there this weekend. Not too stuffy. But not LV flashy either. No see and be seen spots -- we're doing that on Saturday (Party at the Palms!). I love the places that the local foodies would go to.

I've never been to Vegas so I'm at a bit of a loss for finding a place -- and I don't trust random websites -- I came across a place recommending the Red Lobster!:yikes:

Oh yeah, since it's vegas I might need to add that we don't do buffets!

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. pk305

pk305 Beach Fanatic

Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

Bobby Flay's MESA GRILL is at Caesar's and is awesome!!!

Also, if you all are sushi fans, GREAT sushi can be found in Vegas!

3. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

Golden Steer is where the locals go. You'll feel as though you've been transported back to the 50's. Great steaks, great service. It's not far and all the cabbies know where it is.

Golden Steer

4. Paige

Paige Beach Lover

I've eaten at many of the best restaurants in Vegas, including Mesa Grill, Delmonico, Prime etc. But the best restaurant in Vegas for my money is one you have probably never heard of. Its Andre's. Good french cooking that's not too heavy. Great wine list. My wife and I went their on our wedding night 10 years ago this Sunday. We've been back several times since. It's expensive, but cheaper than the big names.

Here's the website:

http://www.andrelv.com/

Go to the original restaurant, its in an old house downtown. Its out of the way but very romantic. Pick the private room. You can thank me later.

5. Gypsea

Gypsea Beach Fanatic

Y'all are making me hungry!

6. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

I wasn't really impressed by any food there so i'm no help there (I was only there for the airport in/out when rafting the Grand Canyon so didn't really plan anything) but WAS quite impressed by the Cirque de Soleil show. Highly recommend getting tickets to something while you're in town!

7. SON

SON Beach Lover

The Venetian has several good spots if you like Italian food.
    SON

8. Sandestin Bum

Sandestin Bum Beach Comber

Andr?'s is where Foodies go. GREAT PLACE especially the one downtown (the original).

9. LeBoeuf

LeBoeuf Beach Lover

Prairieville, LA (in body); SoWal (in spirit)

Tao in the Venetian!!!! Although it is one of those places "to be seen", the atmosphere is awesome and the food is to die for. I took my wife there to end our LV trip a few weeks ago and she was blown away.

10. tistheseason

:confused:
    I forgot to mention -- not a steak house. He's out there for work and I'm just joining him for a long weekend. He'll have been to steak houses every night for dinner prior to my arrival!

It looks great. But from the photos, I'm not sure it's our style. We tend to like things more minimalist -- food and decor. But it's definitely on the list of possibilities. Actually at this point, it leads the list. But I'm still hoping to find the perfect spot!

I really wanted to do something not in a hotel. I tend to think of hotel restaurants as overpriced/mediocre food. But I think it may be different in Vegas. Is it?:confused:

11. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Do you have a preference for a certain kind of food?

Steaks, seafood, Japanese, French, burgers (In & Out is the only place)?

Also...do you have any plans for after dinner (and BEFORE the dessert ;-) ) such as a show. In which case you'll need to keep your timing and commute in mind.

12. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

http://www.hugoscellar.com/ ?

And catch the Fremont St light show after (since you haven't been to LV).

13. tistheseason

We tend to like Mediterranean food. Simple seafood dishes. We almost always order the fish where ever we go. Italian, French without heavy sauces, restaurants with an Asia twist are usually good for us. My husband is from Spain. We love spanish food. But not pseudo-spanish tapas. We joke that there aren't any good spanish restaurants in the US because Spaniards don't want to leave Spain!

No plans for before or after dinner. Or at least not any fit to print. ;-) We are going to see the cirque show "O" another night and we are meeting up with some friends from LA for a "see and be seen" party at the Palm. So this night, it's just us. . . on a date. . . .without the kids. . . .

And I'm not really getting him a present, so I was hoping to impress him with my choice of restaurants. :D

14. tistheseason

Hogo's? I'll check it out.

Fremont St. light show -- I'll put it on my list.

15. Rudyjohn

Rudyjohn SoWal Insider

definitely the fremont st light show. :clap:

16. John R

John R needs to get out more

17. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Hugo's is a step back to Vintage Vegas (the way I like it--service with style and panache in a comfortable, Vegas-retro setting) and "refreshingly different" from the upscale, phru-phru places on the strip. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but if you're looking for a "Vegas experience" the style of the strip restaurants, although beautiful and classy, are generic to places in NY, Chicago and LA.

If you decide to try Hugo's, suggest you make reservations ASAP (you can do it on line) it's a pretty popular place with a following.

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time I'm sure.

<P.S. Put $20 straight-up on 00 in my name, thanks :cool: >

18. hutch

hutch Beach Lover

Rosemary's the BEST. I have eaten there several time while on business in Vegas and have never had a bad meal. Great food and services. Located about 35 minutes drive from strip. Please try it and you will fall in love with this place. Funny thing, you will never believe this resturant could be any good for it location, but it Rated #1 in Vegas year after year by other diners.

8125 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89117 ? 702-869-2251

More Details

Alcohol Served

Beer, Liquor, Wine

Ambiance

Romantic

Cuisine

American, New American

Dress

Business Casual

Features

Bar / Lounge, Bar Dining, Parties / Private Rooms, Smoking (bar only), Take Out

Meals

Business Dinner, Business Lunch, Dinner, Lunch

Menu Type

Prix Fixe, Tasting Menu

Reservations

Recently review. A big secret in Vegas.
    Recommended / Suggested
    WEST LAS VEGAS. A labor of love for husband-and-wife team Michael and Wendy Jordan, Rosemary's ranks as one of Las Vegas's most applauded restaurants. Despite a strip-mall setting and a location removed from the Strip, the place gets tons of attention, and deservedly so. The menu has a strong Southern slant, as evidenced by a signature appetizer of barbecued shrimp over Maytag blue cheese slaw. Additional temptations include grilled veal tenderloin, brick chicken, and a kicky crispy-skin striped bass. Elegant postprandial drinks are a satisfying treat, as are impressive selections of wines and beers.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

the hutch

19. tistheseason

Rosemary's is EXACTLY our style. And they have 50% off bottles of wine on Sunday's - can't beat that! (Since we are going on a sunday!) The only problem is that we won't have a car. 35 minutes might be a long cab ride. I might call the restaurant and see what they think.

Thanks Hutch!

20. tistheseason

I love the look of this place. I might not take him here for his birthday dinner. . . . but I defintely want to go there. I will be on the lookout for Tony Soprano. . .that's a place he'd hang out. You know, if he were real and all!