• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
For those of you interested, and I am, a pretrial conference will be held by Judge David Green on Sept. 12, 2007 at 9:00A.M. in the Walton County Court House. The pretrial conference concerns the arrest of Eduardo Gonzalez for sitting on the beach in front of the Retreat. Probably no kind of decision will be reached at this hearing but a trial date will be set. I plan to go just to see who is bringing the charges against Mr. Gonzalez. I just thought other SoWalers might like to know just in case they had not seen the Beach Breeze. The pretrial conference is open to the public according to Judge Green's secretary.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Sorry...I missed this! Can you give a brief on this, or is it on another thread? Thanks.:wave:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks SJ I did do that and came back to say Ooooops I do remember that thread!:blush: I have STML (Short Term Memory Loss).:roll:

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
For those of you interested, and I am, a pretrial conference will be held by Judge David Green on Sept. 12, 2007 at 9:00A.M. in the Walton County Court House. The pretrial conference concerns the arrest of Eduardo Gonzalez for sitting on the beach in front of the Retreat. Probably no kind of decision will be reached at this hearing but a trial date will be set. I plan to go just to see who is bringing the charges against Mr. Gonzalez. I just thought other SoWalers might like to know just in case they had not seen the Beach Breeze. The pretrial conference is open to the public according to Judge Green's secretary.

Please report back for those of us out of town!

I was looking at some beachfront plats, and in one neighborhood they have the property lines for all but two of the beachfront lots going all the way to the water. The plats for the other two stop at the dunes, and the land in front of it is designated as a "community access" for the beach. This implies to me that all but two of the beachfront owners "own" their beaches. Is that the conclusion that you'd draw? How can that be? Sorry if this is a repeat. I think I've browsed all of that thread -- don't remember this scenario being mentioned.

rocket136

Beach Comber
Mar 1, 2007
St. Louis
Hello All :wave:

Thanks for the update Andy A. I'm eager to hear the outcome of this.

Wow... talk about attention. the next time I'm in SoWal I'l be at Bud & Ally's or the Red Bar wearing the T-Shirt that says "I started the handcufffs thread":D :lol: :rotfl: