• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Gulf Place is directly across from public beach access -- So is Cassine. Cassine gets quite a few snowbirds, as does BeachCrest condos, just down the street, but for the most part, Cassine is year round residents, so it has a feel of a real community, and doesn't really get crowded. During the winter, the beach at Cassine is fairly empty, like most of the beaches here. Cassine also has small lakes and Cypress stands, with boardwalks going through the Cypress swamps, and the Cassine walking trail leads directly into the Pt Washington State Forest Trail System, which is a good change from walking on ashalt along 30A. Cassine also has several restaurants and shops, all within close proximity.

Gulf Place also has many shops and a few restaurants. The Legends are fairly close to Gulf Place. You won't find that getaway escape, like you find in Cassine, but both places have their own character. I think Cassine would better fit my type of life, if I were a snowbird, as I love being out in nature and I also enjoy the feel of community.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
SJ or anyone,

What shops and restaurants are within easy walk from the Cassine Garden town homes? Are there also condos at Cassine? I have often considered Cassine but then been afraid there wouldn't be enough places there for the teens to be able to walk to and enjoy just hanging out when they weren't on the beach.

JSSTMK

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2008
Cassine is near Angelina's Italian restaurant and Cocoons as well as Goatfeathers Seafood Market (fresh seafood market - you can cook your own).

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ or anyone,

What shops and restaurants are within easy walk from the Cassine Garden town homes? Are there also condos at Cassine? I have often considered Cassine but then been afraid there wouldn't be enough places there for the teens to be able to walk to and enjoy just hanging out when they weren't on the beach.

Cassine has single family detached homes, townhomes, and condos.

In walking distance to Cassine:
Angelina's, Cafe 30A, Cacoon's, Goatfeather's II seafood market, Amavida Coffee, Flip-Flops Grill, La Botana wine bar (and tapas).

Cassine also has pools and tennis courts, and is directly across from beach accesses. Cassine is really a hidden gem.