• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Click here to support Lets Rebuild Borago by Abby Eller

From the Go Fund Me campaign ...

Just a few months after celebrating 15 years of laughter, love, linguine and libations tragedy has befallen our beloved Borago family. On Monday, September 28th during eight inches of rain and dinner service, a short in the ac unit lead to an electrical fire that has forced us to close our doors for the foreseeable future. Thank you to the South Walton Fire Department for all they were able to do; however, we are left with significant damage structurally, emotionally and aesthetically.

6239901_1444092669.4598_funddescription.png

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Money raised through this fund will offset the cost of cleaning, rebuilding and hopefully reuniting our dedicated staff. Any contribution great or small will truly be a generous gift.

We thank you from the top of our tiramisu to the bottom of our bolognese pot and hope to see each of you in 2016.

Go here to help - Click here to support Lets Rebuild Borago by Abby Eller

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
While I truly empathize with the owners and staff, I have to wonder, was there no insurance coverage?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My guess is that even with good building/business insurance, the cost of being out of business for so long is going to be very difficult for all owners, managers and staff. Plus, the cost of starting back up is going to be rather high.

My heart goes out to everyone at Lily Pads and Borago during this difficult time. Both long time, excellent businesses in Grayton Beach that help make our little town so unique and awesome to live in. We need you both

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Go Fund Me.

There is a big difference in someone needing money to rebuild and cover things their insurance does not and funding the staff due to not being able to work...

Not sure which this is...

Employees can seek unemployment benefits or other assistance, right? I think all you need to do is show proof of employment.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Many mom and pop businesses are under insured. But loss of income is probably not covered. All funds are coming from same pot. And waiters and bartenders rely on tips. Unemployment won't help. Any other time of year they could get work elsewhere.

Maybe calling it a rebuilding fund is not accurate.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Grayton seafood hiring
Craft bar opening soon
Something new coming to closed Shorty's
Lots of hiring signs along 30A

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I'm surprised that any restaurant would be under insured. I've worked for an insurance agency and business owners policies usually have loss of income coverage in addition to the coverage on property.