• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I know I know there's a law how you can spend it. Change the law! Small businesses need our help and they are vital to our tourism economy. Okaloosa county is helping with grants to small businesses. Walton is a lot richer.

What say you?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I think that's a good idea. If enough people want that, see if you can get our state representatives to sponsor a bill before the Legislature. Not sure when they convene again due to social distancing. And truly, it needs to impact tourism or it would probably go nowhere. I know it's "related." Not sure if they would consider it "directly related."

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Excellent idea! The TDC is not collecting as much right now but they have plenty of money and advertising should be close to zero right now.

It burns me up that everytime I look at the DeFuniak Herald there are reports about lawsuits against the county. Mostly about the beach. I guess lawyers see the county as a fat defenseless cow they can milk.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The county has $75 million in reserves they are apparently saving for end times. Those funds have to little to no laws governing their use especially in a federal and state declared emergency.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
The county has $75 million in reserves they are apparently saving for end times. Those funds have to little to no laws governing their use especially in a federal and state declared emergency.
What can we do to make this happen? This solution to help the small businesses makes the most sense. The restaurants and retail stores along 30A work their bums off to cater to the visitors while they collect the taxes/revenues that can be used immediately in the form of grants. The small business owners and their employees need to unite to rally for these grants to keep these businesses from going under...they’ve got the time! Most importantly they earned it!

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
What can we do to make this happen? This solution to help the small businesses makes the most sense. The restaurants and retail stores along 30A work their bums off to cater to the visitors while they collect the taxes/revenues that can be used immediately in the form of grants. The small business owners and their employees need to unite to rally for these grants to keep these businesses from going under...they’ve got the time! Most importantly they earned it!
Apply to get on the agenda for the next BCC meeting.