Letter from Johnny

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Bob, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Yesterday I received a letter to attend a private initial meeting about a new development of a future community bodering Draper Lake. The meeting will be Wednesday at Criollas w/ reception, and I wish I could attend. Does anyone have any knowledge about this project? Zohouri dev., Johnny Earles and co., etc.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  2. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

No Bob, I don't...but keep us posted. How many developments are going in around Draper Lake?

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

The only property not underway for development on Draper Lake is no small place. The 33 acre parcel north and adjacent to the Retreat is the last remaining stand of which I know. About six months ago, I remember seeing a group of men and several vehicles on the property having a little meeting. Not long after that, I saw orange flags marking areas on the south west side of the property. Bryan Kilbey bought the parcel just over two years ago for just a bit over four million. That is one beautiful piece of land with a gentle slope all the way to the Lake.

I am uncertain whether or not this is the piece being developed, but that is one heck of a parcel.

Also noteworthy, is that Sarah Kilbey, who once owned this piece of land, along with Robert Kilbey, are also Registered Officers for Draper Lake, Inc.

Does your invitation include a RSVP number, or is it open to any "investor?"

4. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

SJ, the letter has no RSVP#, but is addressed as "dear community neighbor". It's a private initial meeting for neighbors, but aren't you a neighbor too? I think the gathering is to let the locals know about the scope of things to come, and how it may impact them. If Bryan rides a Harley, I believe I met him looking over his land purchase 2 years ago.

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I do not personally know Bryan and am uncertain if he rides a bike. Thanks for the info. Crap, I just looked at my calendar and that meeting is tomorrow night. I will make it if I can. Johnny does know how to cook some decent food.

6. SGB

SGB Beach Fanatic

Did anyone attend this meeting? I was supposed to go, but something came up at the last minute and I couldn't go. I own a lot nearby, so I'm curious what they are planning.

7. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Kurt, what's the scoop on this project?

8. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Sorry Bob I know nothing. Why don't you call one of the agents at Johnny Earles & Co. and fill us in.

9. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

good idea

10. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Bob, see my post number 3. I have not spoken with Johnny Earles, but this developement came up at last night's CC meeting. I learned the history of the "development," which began in 1995, but has been stretched out due to the death of two owners and one developer over the last 10 years. Now, Robert Kilbey, the step-son of Sarah (I think), has been granted the extention on the DO (development order) . He had a "contract," (I think they meant offer) to sell the property with the DO, but the "contract" has expired. The attorney for Mr. Kilbey states that the buyer and Mr. Kilbey are still negotiating the sale. Last night, the property was stated as consisting of 37 acres, and it is the parcel which I refered to in post #3. I believe I heard that they had reduced the number of units down to 300+ for the property. This is one of the last undeveloped large parcels remaining on 30-A. I foresee major traffic problems and car crashes on 30A at that property.

11. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Thanks SJ, Not good news! That area of 30A makes a sweeping turn that would be bad for any merging traffic.

12. amw

amw Beach Comber

13. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Is this is that parcel that has the retaining wall and the weird little out croppings?