• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
There is a brand new Far East restaurant next to the Dollar Store in the Winn Dixie shopping center across from Silver Sand. It is call Lin's Asian Cuisine and only opened on last Thursday.

Betty and I were looking for a place to have lunch after stopping at Winn Dixie. It looked new and always in the mood for Asian or Chinese food, we decided to try it.

It was, in a word, wonderful! Betty said the Hot and Sour soup was the best she has had since leaving the Okla. City area. She had the Chicken and Cashew dish and I had the Thailand curry with prawns. Both dishes were excellent and we really enjoyed them. Prices for lunch are $5.95 up with most dishes priced at the above figure. To be truthful, I did not notice what the evening prices were. My curry was $6.25 and the prawns were prawns not small shrimp and cooked perfectly. I didn't count them but there were at least four and good size. Also, the service was excellent, given by a Chinese girl here for the summer.

I will only say further, I strongly recommend you give it a try if you like Asian food.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks Andy - I will give it a try. Often I find asian places that draw from more than one country fall short in even getting one right. Usually chinese places that add on thai or viet namese to the menu to try and please more people.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
What about the Thai place in Grayton that went to a few days a week. Is it still open? I've still not tried it yet? I try not to eat out too much for budget reasons, but...

Closed - you missed the thread. A pizza place is opening in that spot. The owner may have some thai specials.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Closed - you missed the thread. A pizza place is opening in that spot. The owner may have some thai specials.

Oh good, can't find pizza on 30A. :roll:

Of course if it's Chicago deep dish then it's a good thing.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Anyone tried Lin's Asian Cuisine yet?

It's open at the Winn Dixie shopping center in Sandestin.

hutch

Beach Lover
Lin's Adian Cuisine

Had dinner at Lin's Asian Cruisine last week and it was excellent. Mongolian Beef was some of the best I had at any of Asian restaurants in our area and Hot Sour Soap was also excellent. Fancy presentation with garnish on in house service.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The "thumbs up" was me. I haven't been back yet but will certainly return. My wife and I had lunch there the Monday after they opened and it was the best Asian food I've had in this area. I thought it was great!