• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rancid

Beach Fanatic
Aug 9, 2006
I am rolling into grayton next week. Where are the best places to see live music on 30-A? I know the Red Bar of course but where else would anyone recommend. Thanks in advance

Well- personally, I think Blue Orleans is a lot of fun- I think that is the name? I don't think I would eat there- but to go and hang out and listen to some blues... pretty cool.

We had a great time and I would go back, but who couldn't have a good time drinking cold beer and listening to live music?! :D

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The Beachcomber has a pretty thorough schedule of bands and musicians playing in the area. It's available for free at a lot of small stores, restuarants, and gas station sorts of places.

Mojo Rising

Beach Comber
Apr 21, 2007
Birmingham
marcharris.com
Live Music @ 331 and Fonville Press

For a unique modern music with a great beach vibe,
I would suggest Lyndsey Battle at Fonville Press
[in Alys Beach on Hwy 30-A near Camp Creek and Rosemary Beach]
(or)
Marc Harris at The 331 outside on the deck overlooking the bay.
[Hwy 331 at the south side of the bridge]

Both artists play eclectic covers and original music.

rancid

Beach Fanatic
Aug 9, 2006
Well- personally, I think Blue Orleans is a lot of fun- I think that is the name? I don't think I would eat there- but to go and hang out and listen to some blues... pretty cool.

We had a great time and I would go back, but who couldn't have a good time drinking cold beer and listening to live music?! :D

Doesn't get any better than that. Where is Blue Orleans in relation to Grayton?

You will enjoy it. I can't wait to go back next weekend! It's in Blue Mountain Beach... I think the music starts at 10pm? Or is it 9pm? I'm thinking it is 10:00. They have Purple Haze- which we LOVE!

Kookey

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Freeport, FL
You can always come hang out at Shade's at the Loop! Newfangled Theory will be jamming out Saturday night starting around 8! Shades at the Loop is at the East end of 30-A, right past Rosemary Beach.

Cold Beer, Good Food, and GREAT music!!!

Come Support some LOCAL MUSICIANS!!!!! :D

Pantone383

Beach Comber
You will enjoy it. I can't wait to go back next weekend! It's in Blue Mountain Beach... I think the music starts at 10pm? Or is it 9pm? I'm thinking it is 10:00. They have Purple Haze- which we LOVE!

Definitely check out Blue Orleans. They have live music every Tues-Sat that start off at 10:00. Tuesdays are the Sweaterpuppets who are normally an all-girl band, but this tuesday we'll have a "special guest". Wednesdays are Waco Ramblers who are ALWAYS a good show and Thurs-Fri is the house blues band and they WILL make you shake your booty!

Mojo Rising had some good suggestions too. I've seen just a bit of Marc Harris, but was very pleased & Lyndsey Battle is SOOO GOOOD.