• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Now this is refreshing....everyone talking about the great qualities of SoWal. No fighting and actually new information. Thank you Beach Girl for starting a good thread. Even Shelly is positive. Is he/she sick?:lol:

I miss not being down there during these quite times.................:roll:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I just got back from the beach. I had to get in the water..how many chances do you get to get in the gulf here in near mid December? (easy on the global warming please :D) Such a gorgeous day and place. I can't think of anything negative to say today (don't want to either). I hope all of you are having a ball.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I just got back from the beach. I had to get in the water..how many chances do you get to get in the gulf here in near mid December? (easy on the global warming please :D) Such a gorgeous day and place. I can't think of anything negative to say today (don't want to either). I hope all of you are having a ball.

You are so right about the weather. Today was beautiful and warm. Short pants and the gulf are hand in hand now. But as locals, we always said this time of year and spring are the best! I love this area. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You are so right about the weather. Today was beautiful and warm. Short pants and the gulf are hand in hand now. But as locals, we always said this time of year and spring are the best! I love this area. :D
Alrighty now, Babyblue. You better zip it shut before I pull out a :whack: for telling everyone our secrets!

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
A few random thoughts:

-I like it when the neighboring rental houses fill up in the peak season. Everybody's happy to be on vacation at the beach. There's a nice positive vibe that spills into the neighborhood that you don't get in a normal town.
-I like it when they're gone, too. It's quiet. It's dark at night. You can see stars.
-Publix arriving on 395 has changed our life. But I miss having a bar, a bookstore, a Chinese restaurant, and Home Depot all within 1 mile of my house, like I had in Memphis.
-Most of the locals are here because they don't want to live in a "normal" town. So we're all a little bent, in some way or another. But we're generally pretty happy to be bent.

Gee treefrog, you could always move back. We have plenty of houses available.:rofl::rotfl: