• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rmattman

Beach Crab
Jan 5, 2006
We will be visiting Seagrove Beach next week and I am looking for local bakeries anyone would recommend. I know that Publix has a bakery but I'm looking for a more local business.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't know of any bakeries operating in SoWal anymore. The bakery, Grayton Oasis, which closed its doors a while back, serviced many of the local restaurants in SoWal. There was another baker in Freeport, where Cash's Lounge and Liquor Store is located currently, who also did much baking for local restaurants, but they closed shop when the widening of the road was announced. I think they were going to move elsewhere and retire, and that was just the right time. Maybe some restaurant folks ;-);-) can chime in with their bakery secrets.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
rmattman said:
We will be visiting Seagrove Beach next week and I am looking for local bakeries anyone would recommend. I know that Publix has a bakery but I'm looking for a more local business.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

What kind of goods do you want?

rmattman

Beach Crab
Jan 5, 2006
Thanks for your replies.

We are looking for various breakfast items and pastries such as muffins, eclairs, danishes, basically anything cream filled, etc.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
rmattman said:
Thanks for your replies.

We are looking for various breakfast items and pastries such as muffins, eclairs, danishes, basically anything cream filled, etc.
Then look no further than the Donut Hole, located on Hwy 98 about 1 mile west of 30-A. Take cash, because they don't take plastic.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
rmattman said:
I know that Publix has a bakery but I'm looking for a more local business.

Publix is obviously big business, but don't discount our local Publix. The Publix at Watercolor, and its manager, do a LOT to support the local area and local causes. They have become an integral part of the community. And their bakery items are pretty good and almost the only game in town!

rmattman

Beach Crab
Jan 5, 2006
Thanks Joe, we'll have to stop by the Donut Hole on the way into town Monday.

Our local Publix here in GA has a nice bakery but it's hard to beat the Mom and Pop bakeries for unique items and that fresh bakery smell.

rmattman

Beach Crab
Jan 5, 2006
We are planning to visit Destin and Panera's is a great place to satisfy your sweet tooth. Thanks for the info.