• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
AJ's (Dining) overrated V. Hurricane Oyster Bar..best bang for your buck..
Hidden Gem..Abrazo Latin Kitchen, Chiringo's

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Hurricane's is a cool spot in a convenient location but food is overpriced, mediocre and inconsistent. The definition of tourist trap.

AJ's - ate there a few times, nice sushi. Also a cool spot and convenient location and overpriced. Something on the menu for everyone and live music. HOWEVER - never trust a place that has a permanent "crawfish boil every Saturday" - painted on their sign. Crawfish is seasonal!

Go 2 minutes west to Trebeache - always good food and they wouldn't be caught dead serving crawfish out of season.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
OVERRATED:

Cafe-30-A

Seagrove Market (which I used to love- bring back the baked potato)

The Hub BarBQ- used to get the brisket nachos. It was ok that I had to take out second mortgage to do so, especially if I wanted a $4.50 nonrefillable Coke, because the brisket portion was generous and good. Last time we were there you had to hunt for tiny cube of meat and more than half of what looked like meat was pure fat.

FAVORTES:

Not telling...are you CRAZY!

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Need to change your name to Negative Nancy. 30A is busy 365 days a year for a reason. It is not a tourist trap!

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
over rated:
[redacted - want to keep it nice.]

Favorites:
Borago
Pizza by the sea
George's
The Donut hole
Great Southern
Bruno's Pizza
Goatfeathers
Flip Flops - in memorium

Last edited by a moderator:

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Overrated:
Pizza Bar
Seagrove Market Cafe (has gotten really bad)
Goatfeathers Restaurant
Red Bar
Pickles (Seaside)

Favorites:
Cafe Thirty A
Grayton Seafood
Chanticleer
Barefoot BBQ
Pickle Factory Pizza

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
What a fun thread!

Overrated:
Café Tango: I used to like it, but it seemed to slip some last few times to the point of being mediocre for price.
Mi Cocina: Just not that great and unless you are out on east end of 30-A, far cheaper and just as good (to better) options exist close by.

Gems:
Café 30A. Abrazzo. Trebeache (now that George is there, it used to be iffy). Steamboat for grease. Bruno's. Sushi at Old Florida Fish House (I gave up on main dining room years ago). Breakfast at Great Southern. McTighe's for late night grease. Red Bar has very good food but is not worth the hassle in busy season.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Iris, try Goatfeathers again. Their team is awesome and the food has been very good the last few years! With consistency... Their grouper sandwich is something else.
I'll try Goatfeathers again. It used to be bad.