• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jillien

Beach Crab
Apr 30, 2005
I would appreciate any help finding a place to hold a family gathering. I was looking for a vacation rental, something with indoor and outdoor space because we would like to have a "luau" theme. It's going to take place in October. I was looking at some of the locations on the emeraldcoasttours website and saw a few that looked like they would work but I'm having a difficult time figuring out if they are actually places you can use. I need help with this! On the map link of the beaches it is one of the red dots below blue mountain...it looks like it has two seperate spaces with a pool in front. I was wondering what this is used for because it would be perfect. I haven't been in the area very long so if anyone has any ideas it would help a lot. Thanks

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome:

That might be the beach club pool at The Retreat you are referring to. It is a non-rental community.

There are lots of rental homes that will work for you. How many people? How big a space? Need a pool, etc?

jillien

Beach Crab
Apr 30, 2005
I appreciate your help. We are probably looking at around 25-30 people for the actual party..maybe 10 would stay. We already have food catered. We want a space that would allow room for BBQ-ing outside but if the weather is bad there will be room indoors. I had looked into renting a vacation home and that seems to be the best idea. It isn't important to have a pool...we mainly want to have enough room outdoors so we wouldn't be right on top of neighbors. I wasn't sure who to contact regarding these questions so I was glad to find this message board. Thanks again

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
As you mentioned, renting a house would be ideal. There are many that are set up great for entertaining inside and out. Take a look at this list and contact a few of the owners or agents listed on the virtual tour page or web site.

http://www.sowal.com/rentals.html

If you need help narrowing them down, feel free to ask questions here.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Go to the rentals on this Web site or to www.rivardnet.com and scroll down to Conch Out at Grayton Beach. This house sleeps 24 people and has fantastic views and great access to the beach at Grayton. It has a pool and a large pool area, two BBQs, and two levels of outdoor decks. There are 18 rocking chairs on the decks. Parking for 6 to 7 cars, depending on size. You can walk to any of the restaurants and shops in Grayton. The house offers four master suites, two of everything (washer/dryers, fridges, dishwashers, large icemaker for fishing and ice chests), and a bunk room that sleeps 9 kids. There are televisions in every bedroom, digital cable and movie channels in the great room. We have many repeat renters and this house is ideal for family reunions or corporate retreats. Rental is the most reasonable of any of the larger of the houses at Grayton Beach and the we have recently made many improvements. Also, a very amply supplied kitchen.

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Please visit www.beachescape.net to view Palm Paradise and Caribbean Breeze. Both houses have yards large enough to play bocci ball or horse shoes. Both are equipped with premium natural gas grills. Caribbean Breeze in particular has a basketball hoop, extra parking, and 2 kitchens. RBP