• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

amw1016

Beach Comber
Nov 14, 2014
Hi Everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season!

So, I am slightly new to the area and currently living in Panama City Beach. My boyfriend and I will be moving to the Santa Rosa Beach area at the end of February. I've been keeping an eye on the long term rental market, and it seems that when you're searching for a rental you can't begin you're search too early and pretty much will be snagging something just prior to moving. Is this anyone else's experience?

-Does anyone have any advice for someone who prefers to have a plan in place as opposed to finding a home a week before moving out of the current house?

-How early is the recommended amount of time to begin contacting properties for walk throughs, etc?

-Do property managers/owners in this area allow you to begin moving your things in a few days early if the property is available or is it dependent on an individual basis?

-How competitive is the long term rental market in the area and what are the typical deciding factors on choosing renters?

I've always had the luxury of owning my home, so renting is practically foreign to me! I've been reading these forums and people are usually passing good info around, so I was hoping that some would head in my direction.
Any information anyone is willing to pass is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!
-Ashley