• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachsinger

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2012
Seagrove Beach
Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

We've been working our way toward full-time life on 30A for a while now. We thought it would be in a couple years after our last child graduated high school, but my youngest told us she'd love to finish her last two years at South Walton HS... so here we come!

We've leased a house as of June 1 (boy was that difficult - the long-term rental market is fierce!) but will be back and forth until the end of August. Definitely going to be settled before school begins! We'll build or buy in the next year or two.

This is our dream. We're beyond excited. And looking forward to settling in and meeting folks. If anyone has any tips regarding moving there - things about signing up for school, getting cable/internet/utilities, etc., any advice is appreciated! Is there anything we need to know about getting our daughter settled at SWHS? She's a softball player and we've already made contact with the coach; hoping that participating in a sport will help her with the transition.

Some of you will be our neighbors, and we hope many of you will become our friends.

Counting down the days! :)

Last edited:
:welcome: to SoWal! We're not far behind you -- have already built the house. I'll be there for most of the summer (I teach).

There are people on this board who have moved down with school-aged kids. They should be a good resource for you. One thing they've done is to get involved in the community and as a result have met other full timers.

Enjoy paradise!

beachsinger

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2012
Seagrove Beach
@Kurt - you are SO right!! :D

@Beach Runner - We do hope to get involved with the local community! Having a daughter in school there will help us meet folks, I think. Hoping to check out some of the local churches once we're there full-time. Will definitely try to get involved with some of the local events such as the songwriters festival; would love to volunteer. (Being a musician I'm also hoping to find a spot to play every now and again!) Also plan to contact Alaqua because I've been involved in animal rescue the past several years. What are other good ways to get involved?