• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
My daughters cleaned out their room today (Thank the Lord for small miracles). We are looking for a place to donate Polly Pockets, My Little Pony's, a kitchen set, books and some dress up clothes. We would prefer a residential care facility for children or something of that sort in the Santa Rosa area.

These items are gently used, but still have a lot of fun to offer. Please let me know of any suggestions. We used to do Children's Hospital and Missouri Baptist Children's Home in St. Louis, so we are looking for something like that here.

Thanks SoWal!

P

playing4possum

toys

My daughters cleaned out their room today (Thank the Lord for small miracles). We are looking for a place to donate Polly Pockets, My Little Pony's, a kitchen set, books and some dress up clothes. We would prefer a residential care facility for children or something of that sort in the Santa Rosa area.

These items are gently used, but still have a lot of fun to offer. Please let me know of any suggestions. We used to do Children's Hospital and Missouri Baptist Children's Home in St. Louis, so we are looking for something like that here.

Thanks SoWal!

I got an email from my co-worker about this post. We run a center in DeFuniak Springs at the local college campus called EVEN START. Our families are parents who have not yet obtained their GED or parents who need to be able to learn to speak English because their home language and high school diploma are not good enough to get a job here locally.
While the parents are in our program, we keep thier children. We do home visits as well and provide learning toys, books and coloring supplies to help the children rise out of poverty with their parents GED and parenting classes.
If you could donate your toys to our center, we would be glad to pass them along to the children in need directly.
Sincerely
Wanda Jewell
908 West Highway 90 Room 103/104
Defuniak Springs, FL 32435
850-892-8159

P

playing4possum

I forgot to mention that I would be happy to pick up the items if necessary.....after work one day.

Wanda

P

playing4possum

A Huge Thank You

I got an email from my co-worker about this post. We run a center in DeFuniak Springs at the local college campus called EVEN START. Our families are parents who have not yet obtained their GED or parents who need to be able to learn to speak English because their home language and high school diploma are not good enough to get a job here locally.
While the parents are in our program, we keep thier children. We do home visits as well and provide learning toys, books and coloring supplies to help the children rise out of poverty with their parents GED and parenting classes.
If you could donate your toys to our center, we would be glad to pass them along to the children in need directly.
Sincerely
Wanda Jewell
908 West Highway 90 Room 103/104
Defuniak Springs, FL 32435
850-892-8159

I just wanted to post a public "thank you" for the great toys that you donated to Even Start tonight. I can tell you we will have some very happy little ones at school this week. That was very generous and I am glad to know you all. Welcome to Florida and may all your days here be sunny and bright. Thank you, thank you, thank you.:D