1. Summer's End Clearance Sale Everything 30-50% off at Moon Creek Gallery in Grayton Beach Plaza on 283! Your favorite SoWal Photo Prints, Matted Prints, Framed Prints, SoWal T-shirts & Hats.

Looking for a spa

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by Jennifer Bartlett, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Jennifer Bartlett

Jennifer Bartlett Beach Comber

I need to unwind...any suggestions on what spas to check out?

2. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    What are your geographic and financial parameters?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  3. josebby

josebby Beach Lover

I've heard raves about the spa in Rosemary, not sure of the name. I've been to Spa Blue in Grayton...great marketing material got me a gift certificate there, but facility and service are average at best. I won't go again.

4. GoodWitch58

GoodWitch58 Beach Fanatic

Serenity by the Sea in Sandestin by the Hilton. It is great. 622-9595

5. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

I thought the Rosemary Beach spa was ok, at best. The massage was fine, though it seemed there was little effort put into atmosphere (e.g., no candles, scents, etc., in the massage room) and the masseuse seemed pretty distant. Three of us went together and 2 out of the 3 of us felt this way.

The place itself is very nice and the staff that welcomed us was good (though they made a mistake on our reservations and had to scramble to get us a masseuse which could be why the masseuse didn't seem too happy).

As always, that could have been an exception to their regular service. We spent close to $500 there that day (3 massages and we bought some huge bottles of shampoo and body wash because we loved the smell), so it was an expensive exception for us!

So, my plan is to go through 30A over the next year trying out the different spas. I head that Watercolor is very good as is the health place at Blue Mountain Beach. And I'll eventually go back to Rosemary Beach's spa as well to see if it was indeed an exception but I'll try out a few others first.

6. tistheseason

tistheseason Beach Fanatic

I've had great experiences at Solace - Rosemary Beach's spa. I've been a few times -- as have family and friends. And everyone has been really happy. But I can't wait to hear about your other spa experiences. Please report back!

7. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

8. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

agreed.

if you want a really professional massage --- For the Health of It, Blue Mt Beach. Call Ed and Rachel to schedule...

9. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

Serinity by the Sea in Sandestin Hilton is my fave.....;-)

10. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

serenity by the sea for sure. ask for "stefanie" for a facial. she is the BEST!

11. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele Beach Fanatic

For the Health of It is great for a massage.

Serenity by the Sea is the place to go for a spa experience. You have all day access to jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, etc; and you can have lunch in their comfortable lounge area. It's a very relaxing environment.

12. hutch

hutch Beach Lover

Centers for Alternative Health Care across from Silver Sands does a great massage. See Donna CMT Call them at 850-650-0235.

the hutch

13. Jennifer Bartlett

Jennifer Bartlett Beach Comber

K, Serenity seems to be too far and male and females are seperated, so that won't work. Want to be able to enjoy time with my fellow. I'd like a good atmosphere with great treatment technicians. Is for the health of it a day spa? I can't seem to find a website for them. I heard there was another one in seaside. Aquanis?