• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I am looking for a special individual that is interested in running for the District 2 Commission Seat in 2010.

If you are interested or thinking about making a positive change in Walton County, please send me a private PM.

We have a group willing to work dilligently to raise the necessary dollars to defeat the incumbent commissioner. You must be willing to be veted prior to receiving our support.

Party affiliation is not a litmus test for our support.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Do you live in district 2? Do you own property in district 2?

No I don't live in District 2 or own property in District 2. Commissioners are elected county wide. They are elected to represent a particular geographic area by all of the voters of Walton County.

I believe that a person should only be allowed to serve two terms. The current D2 Commissioner is completing his second term and has indicated that he would run for a third term.

I believe that after eight years a person becomes to close to the operations and begins to become a part of the system.

I like a change after eight years - new people bring new ideas.

No beef just a desire to see a meaningful change.

Last edited:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
We have a group willing to work dilligently to raise the necessary dollars to defeat the incumbent commissioner. You must be willing to be veted prior to receiving our support.

This comment sparked a question I was wondering about. Does anyone know if the Walton County Property Owners association still exists and is active? I haven't heard anything about them in a while and they used to be very active on private property rights issues. This is different from the WC Taxpayers Association. Sorry for the tangent...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You do not have to live or own property in District 2 to run for the seat. You have to live there upon your election though.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I am looking for a special individual that is interested in running for the District 2 Commission Seat in 2010.

If you are interested or thinking about making a positive change in Walton County, please send me a private PM.

Party affiliation is not a litmus test for our support.

PuppetMaster.jpg

This is the first thing that flashed through my mind when I read your wanted ad for a politician.

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008

This is the first thing that flashed through my mind when I read your wanted ad for a politician.

You need to reflash you memory for the last thing we are looking for is a politician.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: