• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
...I see a big difference in supporting a candidate and "fishing" for a candidate. One is already willing, able and running based on his/her own values--the other is putting their values up for sale.

Really, 2 words come to mind, Special Interest. Take a look at the politicians who take money. The law that opens up Florida to building without regard for infrastructure has already paid off for Gov Crist. So whether it is IG's special interest, wants to see change or the realtors backing Pridgens special interest, it is all up for sale. At least IG is realistic enough that it may bite their group in the backside but that could happen with any PAC.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Many people "think" about running and one of the most troubling things they worry about is raising the dollars necessary to run a sucessful campaign against an incumbent.

Please note that we said the were were looking for a person "interested" or "thinking" about running. We will vet and find the true reason for the interest before selecting someone if anyone.

Hopefully we will find the right person, running for the right reasons, not tied to the good ole boys that we can help.

Nothing sinister in our motives. We are looking for a meaningful "Change".

Then you'll have no qualms of sharing the "non-sinister" job description for the position of the candidates you're wanting to vet?

Last edited:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Then you'll have no qualms of sharing the "non-sinister" job description for the position of the candidates you're wanting to vet?

Of course not. It is the same job description that is specified in Fla statutes. We just want our candidate to be guided by it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Of course not. It is the same job description that is specified in Fla statutes. We just want our candidate to be guided by it.
Posted via Mobile Device

You mean to represent the constituents of the county and not hold to the wishes of a small group?

I'm completely lost at where your going with this.

P.S. Does this little group of yours have dues similar to the WCTA?

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am looking for a special individual that is interested in running for the District 2 Commission Seat in 2010.

If you are interested or thinking about making a positive change in Walton County, please send me a private PM.

We have a group willing to work dilligently to raise the necessary dollars to defeat the incumbent commissioner. You must be willing to be veted prior to receiving our support.

Party affiliation is not a litmus test for our support.

I am surprised you have not found y'alls candidate in the mirror each morning! Why are you not Interested, Interested Girl? :dunno: I think you need look no further!

Make sure possible candidates know they will be vetted and not asked to look after sick animals. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I would run, but I fear some judge would be asking to confiscate my computer to look for some email which wrobert supposedly sent to my spam box, and while looking, they would uncover a photo of Shelly, revealing his identity.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I can nominate my father-in-law, if he's not too busy with my adopted sister-in-law. :cool: I think District 2 is their neck of the woods.

Whoever does get it, though, needs to replace the bridge across Sandy Creek and open Padgett Road all the way through again. PIA to have to go back out to 183-B and around to 1883.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
It is evident that you don't know my family. As far as paw-in-law knows, pm is what you call the time of day between noon and midnight.

But thank you for asking, because now I can prove that SWGB's theory is incorrect. :razz: