• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

susiesurf2004

Beach Comber
Jan 31, 2005
Wanting to relocate to the 30-A beach area. Looking for a long-term rental cottage on the beach, sleeping 2 people at minimal cost. Would like for it to be completely furnished, with tv/cable, phone, etc.

Respond to: SusieSurf2004@yahoo.com 8)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hi Susie,

Please give us a little more detail. By "on the beach" - do you mean Gulf front? Cottage only - or condo, carriage house, townhome, house?

I know there's not too many available. Maybe you mean: "I need something to rent along 30-A - anything? anything?"

:lol:

susiesurf2004

Beach Comber
Jan 31, 2005
Long-term rental on the beach.....

Hi Kurt:

Yes, "on the beach" means Gulf Front - as in seeing and hearing the ocean...
Quiet,Private, secluded cottage/small house with deck/porch/balcony, so I can view the Gulf..1/2 bedrooms with pull-out sofa in LR....Does such a place exist?

Condos are great, lots of windows, gulf-front with balcony...

Right now, I need a place fast. So, until I secure employment there, and can afford and find the long-term beach house/cottage of my dreams does anyone have a guest room or guest house type rental for low wkly $? In or attached to their villa, house, or condo? etc.?

What exactly is a carriage house on the beach...I think that would be different from the type of carriage houses in the city, right?

Yes, ideally I want to be on the ocean...But, if that is so difficult - close by would be alright.... I'm a runner and a swimmer - I could really use a pool close by. I like to swim like twice a day. Heated in cold weather.

Thanks...
Susiesurf2004 missing the ocean..... :lol:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Question: "What exactly is a carriage house on the beach"

Answer: Expensive if there is one in existance around here.

Susie, you need to make a choice. You can find a Gulf front rental, or you can find a cheap place away from the beach, but maybe not as close as you are hoping, or as cheap as you are hoping. Cheap is around $850-$1200 per month. The cheapest thing I know of, that is somewhat close to the Beach, is in Seagrove at Cassine Gardens -- 2B/2B, furnished, around $1200-$1350.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Right Joe.

Most of the gulf view/front rentals are $1000/week+. Your only hope for something affordable would be someone with a garage apartment (carriage house) who wanted to rent it out to somebody cheap to keep an eye on the main house.

I think I saw that happen in a movie once. :lol:

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Susie,

Reality check. Private pool will cost anywhere from $400-$800 per month to heat. Nothing will be cheap on 30-A.

Idea for a job. Offer a reliable housekeeping service. Clean 2 houses on Saturday and 2 house on Sunday. Work your tail off on the weekend and have the weekdays to goof off.

Good Luck.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Rather B. Paddlin said:
Susie,

Reality check. Private pool will cost anywhere from $400-$800 per month to heat. Nothing will be cheap on 30-A.

Idea for a job. Offer a reliable housekeeping service. Clean 2 houses on Saturday and 2 house on Sunday. Work your tail off on the weekend and have the weekdays to goof off.

Good Luck.

What is the going rate for cleaning a house?

susiesurf2004

Beach Comber
Jan 31, 2005
Hello beautiful beaches of 30-A....

How's the surf and sun?

Question: What is smiling joe's picture all about? What is that thing on the head and arm? And, is that you or someone else?

Anyway, my first choice is on the ocean...In a quiet, more secluded, serene area...

When I was there in 2003, there was a long-term rental at Mainsail that I went to look at, and I know that this isn't 30-A, but it was beautiful and reasonable. It was on a high floor, and had floor to ceiling windows throughout the condo with panoramic, spectacular views of the sea. It was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, completely furnished with cable, phone and electric all for $1,000, with all the amenities. There were also some on 30-A that were like between $700 to $1,000.

I like the privacy of having your own cottage or small house, but condos are great for the views, and amenities of pools/work-out rooms, etc.

Question: There are a group of apts. on either side of 30-A right before you get to Seacrest. They are tri-level, I think, brown and sit on the lake. They sort of look like they belong more in a ski resort. What are these?

So, what is the going rate for taking care of homes? Were you kidding? I've done this before. I've house-sat, pet-sat, and managed people's complete home for them, including everything.....

Missing the beach......
Susiesurf2004

Also, when I said it would be nice to have a pool close by, I didn't mean at the cottage I was renting. Although, it would be great to have your own pool, wouldn't it....Thanks.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
susiesurf2004 said:
Hello beautiful beaches of 30-A....

Question: What is smiling joe's picture all about? What is that thing on the head and arm? And, is that you or someone else?

Obviously Susie Q, you have never seen a Power Ranger. The subject in the photo is the Red Power Ranger. I cannot disclose whether or not it is I who is the Red Power Ranger -- that is against Power Ranger Code.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
Smiling JOe said:
Obviously Susie Q, you have never seen a Power Ranger. The subject in the photo is the Red Power Ranger. I cannot disclose whether or not it is I who is the Red Power Ranger -- that is against Power Ranger Code.
Hey Joe,
No worries ! :clap_1: