• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Looking for pool furniture that doesn't look like it came from Wal-Mart or Home Depot, will stand up to renters, won't rust or rot due to the weather, and doesn't cost a fortune.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can buy something like that between Destin and Panama City? I need 6 chairs (not dining chairs) and 4 lounge chairs.

Okay, so on 2/22 I paid Home Depot a couple of thousand dollars for pool furniture on a special with no shipping fee and a 10% discount. It looked great, it was aluminum and stainless steel, so I figured it would last more than a year at the beach. Plus it all matched (for some reason it's hard to find lounge chairs and regular chairs and side tables that match). We received one lounge chair about two weeks later. Then the next day we received another partial order. I called them religiously every week. They said in March that my order had been lost and that they would reorder. I waited patiently, still contacting them every week. Finally on 4/16 I called them and said I wanted to return the partial order that I had received. They accused me of buyer's remorse, and that they would allow the items to be returned but I would have to pay shipping and would be reimbursed for the current price (not including the 10% discount). I said that was ridiculous and asked to talk to the person's supervisor. In the call transfer, the call got cut off. The week before last I finally got through to someone who said they'd reimburse me for the shipping and give me a full refund.

On Friday UPS showed up to pick up one chaise lounge. I have a garage full of the partial order. The UPS guy had been here three times and knew the story. He said, "You need to get those peeps to get their stuff together." He didn't do the pickup because they only gave him a shipping label for one lounge chair. I called Home Depot back and got someone on the phone who seemed to care. We'll see. That was late Friday afternoon, and it's Sunday night. I really don't have any confidence in them. I just want the $1000 worth of merchandise that I paid for on 2/22 picked up because they never delivered the complete order that was a couple of thousand dollars.

So, does anyone know where I can buy outdoor furniture that won't rust (all stainless steel or aluminum hardware) and that will last at least 5 years at the beach?

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I don't think this is the style you are looking for and it's not cheap, but we've tried many types, styles, and materials for the outdoor furniture at our rental and the only stuff we've found to stand up to guests and salt air is polywood furniture. We've ordered a ton from here: www.poly-lumber-furniture.com. We buy a few more pieces every year. It's not cheap, but in the long run it's saving us money because we don't have to replace it. We've had a couple of adirondacks for more than 10 years and they still look brand new. Shipping has been pretty quick and assembly is very easy. There are often sales that pop up.

I don't think this is the style you are looking for and it's not cheap, but we've tried many types, styles, and materials for the outdoor furniture at our rental and the only stuff we've found to stand up to guests and salt air is polywood furniture. We've ordered a ton from here: www.poly-lumber-furniture.com. We buy a few more pieces every year. It's not cheap, but in the long run it's saving us money because we don't have to replace it. We've had a couple of adirondacks for more than 10 years and they still look brand new. Shipping has been pretty quick and assembly is very easy. There are often sales that pop up.
That's what my sister has. I guess I just need to bite the bullet. Do they have any rusting from the hardware?

Thanks for the advice!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
That's what my sister has. I guess I just need to bite the bullet. Do they have any rusting from the hardware?

Thanks for the advice!

We have the oldest chairs out on our dock, and I haven't noticed any rusting. The other newer furniture is at our rental house, 100 yards from the beach, and we get lots of salt damage to metal there, and I haven't seen rusting there either. I think the bolts are stainless steel. The only functional issue I have, is that the loungers are very hard, so they aren't really that comfortable while laying down. We just use a couple of towels to help with that problem. I haven't had any complaints from guests. The dining and adirondack chairs we have are very comfortable. The furniture is heavy too, so it doesn't get blown around during storms.

We have the oldest chairs out on our dock, and I haven't noticed any rusting. The other newer furniture is at our rental house, 100 yards from the beach, and we get lots of salt damage to metal there, and I haven't seen rusting there either. I think the bolts are stainless steel. The only functional issue I have, is that the loungers are very hard, so they aren't really that comfortable while laying down. We just use a couple of towels to help with that problem. I haven't had any complaints from guests. The dining and adirondack chairs we have are very comfortable. The furniture is heavy too, so it doesn't get blown around during storms.
Yes, sounds like the hardware is stainless steel. When we first moved into our home, we had custom-made dead-head cypress pool furniture with stainless steel hardware and marine varnish. Problem was that the furniture was assembled and then varnished. So moisture got into the places inside where the hardware was and rotted out the furniture in a year. (a) The chairs shouldn't have been varnished, and (b) if they were, each individual piece of wood on the Adirondacks should have been varnished prior to assembly. TMI.

You're right, the chairs are comfy, but the chaise longues aren't. We bought cushions from Frontgate, but we didn't leave them out for renters. I mean, if the straps became untied, the typical renter wouldn't re-tie them, so as close to the beach as we are, the cushions would blow away in a normal thunderstorm.

BTW we have 4 Frontgate Sunbrella light sage green cushions that were used a few times if anyone is interested in buying them. We paid $179 each for them.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Do these resist mold? Unlike your standard plastic?

Ours are all in the sun and I haven't noticed mold on them. The oldest set has more of a wood look texture and the dirt does get trapped in the small grooves. We just wash with a brush. I don't think the newer ones have that issue, but we do spray them off and wash them down occasionally.