• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Perrytl3

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2014
Considering purchasing lot in Treetop (directly behind Seacrest) for primary residence. Anyone have any info (good or bad) on this neighborhood? Thanks!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Haven't heard much about it in a long time. As I recall it was one of those that caught the tail end of the bubble. It's a good location just make sure you're high and dry.

santarosa

Beach Comber
Nov 7, 2008
My assistant actually has a lot in Treetop and is planning to build there. She could certainly give you some information on that subdivision. If you would like feel free to call and I can get you two together.
Royce Mitchell
RoycewMitchell@gmail.com
1577-504-8951

TidePride

Beach Lover
Jun 28, 2010
That end at Seacrest is waaaay over crowded. The west end is more spaced out and would be more enjoyable for a primary residence.

Last edited:

Perrytl3

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2014
Thanks to you all for your input! I found this info today on flood zones:
http://portal.nwfwmdfloodmaps.com

...Here is another question for all: Any builder recommendations?

Thanks to everyone again!!!

Last edited:

santarosa

Beach Comber
Nov 7, 2008
I highly recommend Jeff Margaretten as an Architect and he has a great list of builders. I know that Ron Dowgul was approval as a builder for my assistants house and he has worked in the area for 20+ years. rdowgul@gmail.com

30Alover

Beach Crab
Oct 13, 2014
I am also considering purchasing a lot in Treetop but have heard there are issues with the terrain? Love the area but nervous about this particular development. Any thoughts?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It does skirt some wetlands and requires either lots of back fill or pilings. Keep in mind that there is commercial on either side of the development as well.