• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miaandsashasmom

Beach Comber
May 26, 2007
Hi! I'm new to the forum - what a great resource! We live in Dallas, but would like to purchase a lot, house or condo along 30A, preferably the south side. We would like to move there soon. We've been looking for years, and now it seems as though we can afford something. We are looking to spend no more than 225K for a lot and 300K for a house/condo. Is this realistic in the market there today?

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
There are a few to be found. You just need to find a Realtor to help you. Remember that on some parts of 30-A the north side of the road is closer to the beach than the south side. Good Luck!:wave:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Hi! I'm new to the forum - what a great resource! We live in Dallas, but would like to purchase a lot, house or condo along 30A, preferably the south side. We would like to move there soon. We've been looking for years, and now it seems as though we can afford something. We are looking to spend no more than 225K for a lot and 300K for a house/condo. Is this realistic in the market there today?

Your price is realistic for a lot close to the beach, but if you want a house/condo that is livable full-time, you will spend much more than $300K to get one on the north side within walking distance of the beach. If you buy a lot are you planning to build soon? Your budget for lot + construction of a house will be more than the $300K you have budgeted to buy a house or condo. Look to at least $150/sq. ft. to build. Consider low 400's for a house on the north side within a 1/2 mile of the beach. There are condos available in the 300's, but they may not be what you're looking for to live in full-time.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
I have a lot for $249,900 that is south of 30A in Blue Mountain Beach Area. Very close to Beach Access too! I also have a house listed for $399,900 in Seacrest that is just north of 30A, and a house in Pt Washington for $349,900. If any of these interest you, please pm me!
Good luck to you!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
:welcome: Miaandsashasmom. This is indeed a great discussion group. When I was thinking of getting property in SoWal, I had a friend bring me back several newspapers from the area to get a sense of what's available and the prices. There's a lot of variety in types of places to live, about 15 different beach communities along 30A, and a wide range in prices. I personally think there are bargains to be found if you do your research. you can also find what's available online. And why not take a week at the beach in the next month or so and look around yourself with a realtor. Supermom used to live in our neighborhood in Michigan before they moved to live fulltime in South Walton and she introduced us to a realtor in SoWal who took me around the area for about 2 days and I saw a full range of places and prices and fell in love :love: with the place we now have (and then bought the one next door). Actually, I was looking initially at Destin as well, and the smart realtor gently told me "you belong on 30A" and she was definitely right.

I really believe in doing as much research as you can and then, with that in mind, see the places in person and also trust your instincts. Most places are going to have trade-offs, so you'll want to figure out what's most important to you in the short term and long term.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:welcome: mandsmom!!! You sound like one smart mom...moving out of Dallas to SoWal!!! :clap: Good luck!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Man, I wish I was the one starting this thread..:D