• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
We found a nice little sail boat ( suncatcher?) in the reeds between grayton lake and the state park. It had a small electric motor, but is missing the mast, etc. No i.d.. Don't want to be a boat thief, but we parked it on our dock. Does this belong to anyone nearby? Found on 12/5/04.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Nice of you to post. Sounds like an Ivan loss.

I say leave it on your dock and expect that you might have someone claim it next year.

There is a procedure to claim a found boat/property, but I wouln't think you'd need to go through all that.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
No, someone from Grayton reclaimed the boat in early spring. Have neither sailboat nor dock, after Dennis.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Camellia said:
No, someone from Grayton reclaimed the boat in early spring. Have neither sailboat nor dock, after Dennis.
There is a Cat in a pile of debris located next to the broken Pensacola Pav. in Seaside. It will probably be hauled to the dump soon.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I know people with Whiskers Friends(Not For Profit that cares for Cats), that feed the strays, around Seaside. Are you saying, that the cat's going to be hauled off, too? Oh, how sad! :sosad: My heart always breaks when I hear of lonely and abandoned animals! :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

Smiling JOe said:
There is a Cat in a pile of debris located next to the broken Pensacola Pav. in Seaside. It will probably be hauled to the dump soon.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Diane4145 said:
I know people with Whiskers Friends(Not For Profit that cares for Cats), that feed the strays, around Seaside. Are you saying, that the cat's going to be hauled off, too? Oh, how sad! :sosad: My heart always breaks when I hear of lonely and abandoned animals! :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

Calm down D...The Cat that SJ was speaking of is a BOAT!!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
Calm down D...The Cat that SJ was speaking of is a BOAT!!!

Now THAT is funny! :rotfl: I hope nobody takes that cat to the dump!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
jdarg said:

My guess is the Cat in question has long been dumped....SJ posted the info back in August! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:

I am wondering if you take a live or dead cat to the dump? :dunno: Live ones could eat plenty of rats and birds.