• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

georgiafan

Beach Comber
Apr 23, 2008
I posted earlier, still in search..
Does anyone know anything about Magnolia by the Sea neighborhood close to Seacrest?
ARE the Beaches and water as nice and clear with sand?

It like Gulfplace which I considered too is also 5 mi from Seaside.

From the pictures it looks like a neat neighborhood with streets the kids might ride bikes on?

Is is worth being that far from Seaside?
Anything to do there?
Can you not do searches in the forum to look up old posts on places?
thanks for all your help

Just adding this, but got an email from owner from house in The preserve at grayton beach .
Is it similar to magnolia by the sea?
I believe it is north of 30a so it would be a few minute walk. or can you ride bikes to the beach?

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Re: magnolia by the sea worth it?? search

A family friend stayed there and I thought it was pretty nice and had easy access to the beach.

Seaside is getting too restrictive/full of itself, so I think that Magnolia's proximity to Alys and Rosemary would be big selling points.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
is this for a rental or a purchase? either way, you might want to consider the little community of grove by the sea. it is about a half mile from n. andalusia to the center of seaside - an easy walk. quiet streets, 2 pools, tennis courts, all tucked away just north of 30A. you can even walk to flip flops and cocoon's and seagrove village market. dedicated walkover OR short walk/drive to the larger access at bramble. just an idea!:D

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Magnolia is much closer to the beach than is Preserve but both on the N side of 30a. Also, Magnolia is more developed at this point.
Might also suggest you look at Seabreeze. It's next to Magnolia and is a very nice community of homes with a lot of full-time residents and families with kids. Sidewalks and street lights. No community pool or other amenities but a lot of the houses have pools. Keeps the annual HOA dues low though - $200/yr.

georgiafan

Beach Comber
Apr 23, 2008
is this for a rental or a purchase? either way, you might want to consider the little community of grove by the sea. it is about a half mile from n. andalusia to the center of seaside - an easy walk. quiet streets, 2 pools, tennis courts, all tucked away just north of 30A. you can even walk to flip flops and cocoon's and seagrove village market. dedicated walkover OR short walk/drive to the larger access at bramble. just an idea!:D

For fourth of July week rental. All of theses ideas sound nice. Thanks for all of your help.

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
I agree that Seaside is becoming too restrictive. Try Seacrest North. It is next to Rosemary. GREAT neighborhood for kids, fabulous for biking. The subdivision is across from the beach, but there is a tram service that will pick you up at your door and drive you across to the beach and pick you back up again. I think it is one of the best neighborhoods for kids.

btanner

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2006
Knoxville, Tn
We stayed at Magnolia two summers ago and loved it. There was construction going on beside the walkover and at the entrance but other than that it was great. Seems like the rental prices are better than a lot of other places we looked at. I loved the location close to Alys and Rosemary. We are staying in Seacrest beach north this year. We found a place that fits us better. And I have to agree with an earlier poster about Seacrest beach north. It has a much larger pool that the kids would love and its location is also great. You are probably a little further from the beach, but you have the free ride. You should take a look at it if you have'nt. Go Dawgs!