• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

btanner

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2006
Knoxville, Tn
Hey guys,

My wife and I are staying in Seacrest the week of July 10th, and this is our first time in the area. I was wondering if anyone knew much about Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. Also, are there any public tennis courts? Anything else about the area that you would like to add would be great. Thanks,
Ben

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
btanner said:
Hey guys,

My wife and I are staying in Seacrest the week of July 10th, and this is our first time in the area. I was wondering if anyone knew much about Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. Also, are there any public tennis courts? Anything else about the area that you would like to add would be great. Thanks,
Ben
What do you want to know about Mag Cottages? There are five house plans ranging is size from around 1100sf on up to around 1800 sf for the "New Orleans" plan. They have a pool or two on the premises and private beach access via a walkover on the south side of Hwy 30. It is a nice little neighborhood.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We took a look at the Magnolia Cottages neighborhood last winter. It's nice, both landscaping-wise and architecture-wise. It's at the quieter end of 30-A nearer to Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach. I haven't seen it since New Years, but at that time there was still some construction going on towards the end of the neighborhood farthest back from the beach. I didn't notice tennis courts but I did look at the pool and it's nicely done. You should like staying there and don't be surprised if you fall head over heels with SoWal!!

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I dont know if Magnolia has tennis courts but I believe that you can go and play at Rosemary for a fee....:dunno:

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Mermaid said:
We took a look at the Magnolia Cottages neighborhood last winter. It's nice, both landscaping-wise and architecture-wise. It's at the quieter end of 30-A nearer to Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach. I haven't seen it since New Years, but at that time there was still some construction going on towards the end of the neighborhood farthest back from the beach. I didn't notice tennis courts but I did look at the pool and it's nicely done. You should like staying there and don't be surprised if you fall head over heels with SoWal!!

There's actually construction of what I think are some low-rise condos at the front of the complex now, right along 30A. It was the only big construction crane I remember seeing the week were there. We took a drive through the development and homes looked very nice. Beach access was right across from the entrance.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
InletBchDweller said:
I dont know if Magnolia has tennis courts but I believe that you can go and play at Rosemary for a fee....:dunno:

Yes. I checked this out for our current renters and Rosemary's website said non-owners and non-guests can play, it just costs more. I am not sure a about the demand though. They have eight clay courts.

Any High Pointe owners know whether non-owners, non-guests can play there also?

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:welcome: :welcome: btanner...have funn!! ...your first time in SoWal?