• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I just saw my second manatee of the year in Peach Creek. This one I know is unique because it had a satellite tracking buoy on it, and the first one I saw a few weeks ago did not. Pretty amazed to see them so far from the Gulf. Please keep it slow if you're in a motorboat near the shore and bayous.

Anyone else see any?

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I just saw my second manatee of the year in Peach Creek. This one I know is unique because it had a satellite tracking buoy on it, and the first one I saw a few weeks ago did not. Pretty amazed to see them so far from the Gulf. Please keep it slow if you're in a motorboat near the shore and bayous.

Anyone else see any?

Yes we saw a pod of four or five in Seagrove around the 4th. They are really amazing to watch and they were fairly close in too.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Yes we saw a pod of four or five in Seagrove around the 4th. They are really amazing to watch and they were fairly close in too.
I've seen them in the Gulf and heard about them around the passes and in the bay but never so far from the Gulf as Peach Creek in Point Washington - a good place to kayak or SUP.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Saw one at the turtle reef off Grayton Beach state park about two weeks ago while out in my kayak. What an amazing creature!