• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

meyer

Beach Crab
Nov 6, 2005
Atlanta
Hi All-
Can anyone give me opinion about the value of a Townhouse in Blue Mt. Beach. 2B/2Ba, Approx. 100 yards from the beach-really no view.

I'm considering purchase and placing on the short-term rental market. What are the prospects for TH rental in Blue Mt??

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
meyer said:
Hi All-
Can anyone give me opinion about the value of a Townhouse in Blue Mt. Beach. 2B/2Ba, Approx. 100 yards from the beach-really no view.

I'm considering purchase and placing on the short-term rental market. What are the prospects for TH rental in Blue Mt??

What neighborhood/ street? Which townhomes?

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
The last t'home that sold in Mirasol was unit #8, an end unit, for $385,000 in October of 2004. This unit is the closest one to 30-A. It was on the market for two days. There has been no activity since that closing. I don't see why it would not do well as short term rental. Call local rental companies and ask for their opinion. Good luck.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
meyer said:
Hi All-

What's the asking price? If coffee shot out of your nose when you heard it, it's a clear indication that it is overpriced. (Consider the increase in taxes and the increase for insurance (if you're lucky to get it at all) that close to the water.

If you've got the cash and the time, you're now in the catbird's seat when it comes to real estate.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
SHELLY said:
If you've got the cash and the time, you're now in the catbird's seat when it comes to real estate.

As a general rule that is always true in real estate. But I assume you mean the here and now. I disagree. If it were such a great time to buy we would be seeing a lot more contracts being signed. We have a lot of sellers who aren't concerned with selling and a lot of potential buyers who don't wish to deal with them.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
meyer said:
Hi All-

Perhaps you should establish a working relationship with a good Realtor. There are a few out here.:dunno:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Perhaps you should establish a working relationship with a good Realtor. There are a few out here.:dunno:

I was thinking along those lines too. A good realtor will give you the comps and info on rental histories. I don't know that I'd try to buy something without professional advice!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermaid said:
I was thinking along those lines too. A good realtor will give you the comps and info on rental histories. I don't know that I'd try to buy something without professional advice!

I'd listen to Mermaid and SJ if I were you!

Landloc

Beach Comber
Oct 4, 2005
Atlanta
I have been presented with the oppty to purchase the Townhome mentioned above for 550K. Now how does that sound based on your experience with the Blue Mt. area. (100 yards from Beach, but no view).