• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Baytowne Wharf added a new restaurant to its list in July ? just in time for the holiday weekend ? that caters to country cooking lovers of the area. Maw Maw?s Country Kitchen serves up a variety of country style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting.

Maw Maw?s offers patrons a diverse menu with all of the country fare you would expect to see: salads, soups, sandwiches, a variety of fried meats including chicken, pork chops, and catfish, meatloaf, pot roast, ham, and all the fixings necessary to complement a bona fide country meal including items such as fried okra, macaroni and cheese, corn, green beans, grits, and black eyed peas. For lunch and dinner, lighter items such as salads topped with chicken or fried catfish are available or a wide selection of sandwiches featuring many of the meats from the dinner entrees. For those with larger appetites, full sized entrees with a meat and two veggies are offered. If you can?t decide, Maw Maw?s has a sampler dinner with a combination of any three meats of your choosing from the menu. Don?t forget to top your meal off with a tall glass of freshly brewed iced tea.

If you?re in a hurry, Maw Maw?s offers family size to go orders. Choose from a small carry out order for 4-6 people or a large order for 12. Each meal comes with your choice of country meats and sides.

Stop by for breakfast and be treated to a selection of country style breakfast items as well including pancakes, waffles, sausage, eggs, bacon, or egg sandwiches. If you?re really hungry, be sure to try the breakfast platters as they offer generous combinations of their main breakfast foods.

If you have a craving for country cookin?, Maw Maw?s is sure to satisfy it!

Maw Maw?s Country Kitchen
110 Cannery Lane
The Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin
(850) 351-1885

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I should not have read this when I was starving! :bang:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I guess this would be a dressed up Cracker Barrel with a golf course view?? It does sound like it would hit the spot after a late night out-

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I don't know why...but on some level it strikes me as odd having a place called "Maw-Maw's Country Kitchen" at Baytowne Wharf, Sandestin. Reverse Gentrification in action? Or is their menu simply going to list Eggs Benedict under "Vittles" and Gourmet Grits with Brie andToasted Almonds under "Fixin's" ? :dunno:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SHELLY said:
I don't know why...but on some level it strikes me as odd having a place called "Maw-Maw's Country Kitchen" at Baytowne Wharf, Sandestin. Reverse Gentrification in action? Or is their menu simply going to list Eggs Benedict under "Vittles" and Gourmet Grits with Brie andToasted Almonds under "Fixin's" ? :dunno:

I bet your fun to share a cab with. :roll:

Tyler: Oh, I get it, it's very clever.
Norton Character: Thank you.
Tyler: How's that working out for you?
Norton Character: What?
Tyler: Being clever?
Norton Character: Great.
Tyler: Keep it up then.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
SHELLY said:

:funn: So true. A similar phenomenon I have noticed is roadside produce vendors on the hwy (in Freeport on 331 for example). The more crude and roughshod the sign they have created appears, the more savy the vendor. I think they portray an image of hayseediness to lure in 'city slickers' on the way to the beach looking to take advantage of the hicks. But lo and behold, the hillbilly really holds a degree in ag economics and nails the famiy from Atlanta with the most expensive melons they have ever bought:lol:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
SHELLY said:

Sandestin is STILL the South. That place will be packed, even more so if the food is good. After all they have a Jim and Nick's BBQ place there. Just catering to what our visitors are used to in their hometowns.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
kurt said:
Sandestin is STILL the South. That place will be packed, even more so if the food is good. After all they have a Jim and Nick's BBQ place there. Just catering to what our visitors are used to in their hometowns.

Still in the south yes and very much a family oriented vaction spot...great menu for kids imo.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
Sandestin is STILL the South. After all they have a Jim and Nick's BBQ place there.
It is a tradition when we come to our place, that we must have Jim & Nick's BBQ on that very first nite. And always their onion rings! Although Baton Rouge is still considered part of the South (I guess?) we do not have much in the way of BBQ - a Dreamland franchise lasted just six months. We are just made to suffer with oysters, crabs, crayfish, fish, and shrimp. :funn: So that is our BBQ fix five or six times a year. The Maw Maw's place reminds me of a Po-folk's and does seem a little out of character in Baytowne.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
drsvelte said:
It is a tradition when we come to our place, that we must have Jim & Nick's BBQ on that very first nite. And always their onion rings! Although Baton Rouge is still considered part of the South (I guess?) we do not have much in the way of BBQ - a Dreamland franchise lasted just six months. We are just made to suffer with oysters, crabs, crayfish, fish, and shrimp. :funn: So that is our BBQ fix five or six times a year. The Maw Maw's place reminds me of a Po-folk's and does seem a little out of character in Baytowne.

There is no good BBQ in Louisiana unless you do it yourself! Po-Folks does have pretty good fried chicken. It passes my fried chicken litmus test-it takes a long time to get it to the table. Fried chicken takes a long time to do correctly, so if you have it come right out, you can bet it was sitting under an orange lightbulb :roll: