• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I have always wondered about the house that is sort of adjacent to the Hilton House. It sits more toward the water and looks like it is not quite done. It is huge with a lot of steps up to the front door which is centered. It looks kind of Greek revival but new??? Wish I had a better description. It has looked the same way for forever. Really strange. Just curious.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
For some reason I've always heard people say that it's owned by Michael Jordan. :funn: Apparently that whole subdivision is full of the rich and famous.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
yes i also heard jordan owned the one next store. didn't they just replace the stucco?who owns the monster one on the other side of the neighborhood that looks like a french home as it stretches from the sea to the road in the other cul da sac?they're still working on it

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
So interesting. It sits very high off of the lot and looks very majestic but kind of empty. You can tell it doesn't get any TLC. It is really out of place. Michael Jordan? Lumber titan? A few years ago my sisters and I drove up to it and 2 of them jumped out of the car to climb the big staircase to the front door and peaked in. I was very nervous (not sure why). Did I think the real estate police were coming? Anyway they reported that it looked very cold inside and didn't even have much in it. Thanks for all the info. I absolutely adore 30A but you can tell there isn't any consistent zoning on it.

criolla man

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2005
The Bay
The home is owned by our friends Finley and Martha Kaye McRae. Martha Kaye is one of the most gracious and caring southern women I have ever known. Her husband Finely has been friend, mentor and overall, a very smart, hard working & superb individual. Their four generation family timber business is primarily located in Graceville, Florida and all of their children and grandchildren are cut from the same cloth. Being around Finley and Martha Kaye is always a special treat.

As far as zoning is concerned, overall I am proud of South Walton's devotion to using modern land planning and design standards in the vast majority of our beach communities. The diversity of architecture is a story in itself, the old school, the new, the funky and then there is the Hilton House. Every project has its own set of critics and fans and all those opinions are important - it shows the passion that all of us have who call it home.

Last edited:

scubadog

Beach Comber
Dec 7, 2009
You are a sweet friend and it's nice of you to stick up for your friends!
Why do so many people think Michael Jordan owns that house? Do you know how that rumor started?

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I loved reading what Criolla Man had to say. Oh my gosh there was no offense intended. They sound like wonderful people, I was just wondering about the house. Thanks for the info. Just curious about the house.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You are a sweet friend and it's nice of you to stick up for your friends!
Why do so many people think Michael Jordan owns that house? Do you know how that rumor started?

Not sure on that one, but I do chuckle every time I hear someone start talking about the various "celebrity" homes in the area. They're usually way off and don't even mention the actual celebrities who do have homes here.