• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Easternlake lady

Beach Comber
Jun 17, 2013
I just had Mediacom out here yesterday (in Eastern Lake area) because none of the services were working. He did something in the outside cable box and everything started working again. Now today (ONE day later) cable tv is not working. Internet is working however. Mediacom is telling me that an outage in Wewa and the Apalachacola area is why I don’t have cable tv. Is anyone else with Mediacom experiencing an outage? Of course, the earliest they send a technician out is next Thursday. I really think Mediacom has the worst service by far of any utility company that I’ve ever dealt with!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Yes it is off in Pt.Washington too. Internet ok but I was told on one of my many calls that as long as they are still working on poles/lines affected by Micheal that we would be having intermittent outages as they try to restore permanent lines vs. the temporary ones we have been getting service through.

Easternlake lady

Beach Comber
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you for your reply. That actually makes sense, but I can never get anyone from Mediacom on the phone who can give me that type info. My cable tv is back on now. It’s just so frustrating that every time we come down here to our beach house, the service is out. This started happening this past summer well before Michael.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Yea it is hard to believe that our cable TV service comes out of a transmission point in/near Southport,FL. and the internet comes from somewhere else.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
Install an OTA antenna. You`ll get at least 25 digital channels. I get all our local channels, CBS,NBC,ABC, PBS and more for free.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
aaannnndddd...its down again....:bang: I have decided to start calling them everytime it goes down and demanding a credit. Yea...I know..LOL...I'll let you know how that works out for me...

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
Hurricane Michael did major damage to the infrastructure but Mediacom was horrible before the storm and now they have a legit excuse - Monday I had phone and TV with no internet. Today I have internet but no phone and TV.. We need to figure a way to get other companies in here to provide some competition as things will never improve with Mediacrap. Has anyone brought this issue to out local commissioners ? if not, should we???

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think that some of you are just over-reacting. There was a catastrophe less than 40 miles from us, and Mediacom was out for several days, possibly a week, and now it's out for a couple hours, intermittently, and either TV is working or Internet is working during these intermittent outages. So, you can adjust, and carry on. I'm just not seeing Mediacom as this terribly incompetent company.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Mediacom is most definitely this terribly incompetent company in my experience. Except for the alternative which was worse. Embark/century link and whatever else they were calling themselves. They burying naked wire just 2” down in sand and connecting it to my house. That made it up until the next rain. I called them and the exact process was repeated. Insanity.