• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MissSunshine

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
We have finally purchased our home in Seagrove! Yeah, long time coming but well worth the wait! Now, in order to set up our home we've investigated cable companies for Internet and tv. It seems the last post was in 2013. Can anyone update me on which company provides the better service? Thank you!

MissSunshine

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks but unfortunately I'm not finding anything new. If you would, please attach links here so I can read more. I've tried finding new information and even just typing "cable" I only find info from 2015. I am just trying to determine the lesser of the two evils.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I've been using mediacom here in Grayton for the last year without any problems, and my friend has used it for years with the occasional problem, but nothing horrible. I can't comment about Centurylink.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I have Directv and CenturyLink one bill to CenturyLink approx $150/mo for both. Good service.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
We got our place in Santa Rosa last Aug and have MediaCom. It's been a nightmare!!! It goes in and out all day. They've been out at least 5x. We are looking for alternatives. Their customer service is horrible and my husband is pretty technically savvy, but we need reliability for when he works remotely down here.