Mediacom vs centurylink

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by MissSunshine, Jun 22, 2016.

1. MissSunshine

MissSunshine Beach Comber

We have finally purchased our home in Seagrove! Yeah, long time coming but well worth the wait! Now, in order to set up our home we've investigated cable companies for Internet and tv. It seems the last post was in 2013. Can anyone update me on which company provides the better service? Thank you!

2. Jenksy

Jenksy Beach Fanatic

There is a thread every month about them. They both suck.

3. MissSunshine

Thanks but unfortunately I'm not finding anything new. If you would, please attach links here so I can read more. I've tried finding new information and even just typing "cable" I only find info from 2015. I am just trying to determine the lesser of the two evils.

4. MissSunshine

Found a few more but really hoping more people can weigh in here with the positive reviews - if there are any.

5. Jimmy T

Jimmy T Beach Fanatic

I've been using mediacom here in Grayton for the last year without any problems, and my friend has used it for years with the occasional problem, but nothing horrible. I can't comment about Centurylink.

6. FoX

FoX Beach Fanatic

It's hit or miss depending on where you live. Try mediacom for 90 days. If it is reliable at your location then you have faster speed options.

Both are patchwork services that sometimes make me feel like I am in the 3rd world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

I have Directv and CenturyLink one bill to CenturyLink approx $150/mo for both. Good service.

8. Conn006

Conn006 Beach Lover

We got our place in Santa Rosa last Aug and have MediaCom. It's been a nightmare!!! It goes in and out all day. They've been out at least 5x. We are looking for alternatives. Their customer service is horrible and my husband is pretty technically savvy, but we need reliability for when he works remotely down here.

9. Dave Rauschkolb

Dave Rauschkolb Beach Fanatic

Holding my nose. Mediacom is best for high speed internet; faster and more reliable than Century Link. Directv is best for TV.