• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
What, if any places will be having menu (non buffet) dinning available on Easter Sunday after Church ( after 12:00 Noon) along 30A?

ccj

Beach Comber
Mar 17, 2007
Onano Neighborhood Cafe in Rosemary Beach is open for Easter, 10 am - 3 pm. We serve a plated brunch, not a buffet. We are getting booked with big parties, but we still have a few smaller tables available (4 people or less). Call 231-2436 for reservations. Hope to see you there. Thanks.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
What, if any places will be having menu (non buffet) dinning available on Easter Sunday after Church ( after 12:00 Noon) along 30A?

We're doing Fish Out of Water again - it's fabulous! Although there is a buffet component, you order your main entree off the menu and the "buffet" is breads and pastry, fruit, juices, and seafood (shrimp, oysters,etc.). At least this has been the set up the last few times I went. Totally recommend it!

Big D (a.k.a. Mr. BR) suggested Blue Ridge Grill (I-75 at West Paces Ferry in Atlanta) for Easter lunch. He's been there for several business dinners. I have never been wild about the place, but then we've always been there for big group dinners (after christenings, etc.), and you know how large groups are typically treated at restaurants.

Lunch was fabulous! First of all, the waiting area is decorated like a Ralph Lauren layout of a mountain cabin, so comfortable and inviting. The service in that room was superb.

What was on our table? We were served the most delicious biscuits I've ever had, slightly undercooked in a good way so that they were very doughy and yeasty, brushed with cinnamon and butter. We shared a crab cake appetizer. I'm not an aficionado of crab cakes, but these were absolutely divine -- crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, with crunchy microgreens. The Blue Ridge salad was fabulous with an excellent blue cheese dressing. Beach Jacket had an andouille and cheese omelet, I had grilled wild Scottish salmon with fingerling potatoes and green peas, and Big D scored with the shrimp and grits with a hot pepper and cheese sauce. Oh, and we ordered grilled asparagus (yum!) since it's Easter. The service was also superb in the dining room.

And did I say that we had Dr. Gil's table? If you live in the Buckhead area, you probably know who I mean. Big D says it's the first time he's ever been to Blue Ridge when Gil wasn't there.

And did I say that the most expensive thing on the menu was the salmon at $17? Most main courses were $10-$12, the cost of a burger and fries at Seaside.

We will definitely be back. Try it if you're ever in Atlanta.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
That sounds so good BR....Mr. K is cooking our rack of lamb. I am doing the asparagus and potatoes. That has always been our tradition. Unfortunately, there are no Easter baskets to raid. :sosad: But, I have the Sprinkles cupcake menu...they just opened up here a couple of weeks ago. A friend brought me some and they will make you slap yo' momma!! :D

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Wow does this bring back memories. Merman's office was down the street from this restaurant and we used to dine there occasionally. It's been 12 years since we've eaten there and I can't remember the food but the ambiance, yes. I liked the looks of it. Maybe the next time we're in Atlanta we might have time to revisit.

Sprinkles cupcakes, huh? Sounds grayt.

Almost all of our Easter traditions flew out the window this year (I did make Easter baskets for everyone). I normally cook a fancy Easter dinner. But Beach Jacket got a part-time job and had to work today, and Mom's Alzheimer's has progressed so rapidly that she's not able to visit us anymore. We took her an Easter basket, but she was so zoned out that I'm sure she won't remember that we were there.